Covid shot record for Carnival Cruise that stops at Grand Turk

newbie3815

This is our first time cruising since covid. We are fully vaccinated with boosters. I did call Carnival and they said all I need to bring is the CDC record  paper card that Walgreens has updated each time I have gotten a shot. Just wanted to make sure from previous cruisers that that is indeed all that we need.

Thank You

We were there week before Christmas,  DH did a snorkel excursion and DS and I got off the ship and went into port, no one asked for anything.  We did hear from someone else that was with a couple that same day, they were not allowed off the ship, have no idea of the what or how that happened or what the status of the couple was. I have read similar stories here on CC as well.  

We cruised in May (they did require our cards back then etc) this year and now December.   No one asked for anything this time around but we figured our info was probably already in the system.  Our cards are with our passports and I have a picture of all 3 on my phone as well.  Just have something that shows your status just in case I guess. 

Edited by Drazil65

This is discussed a few times on the Grand Turk board, and this may get moved there. But like everyone else, we didn't have to show it when we were there. But also, we did the health form several months before our cruise, like most passengers, so they already knew. Things have obviously changed now, and you don't have to fill out that pre-health form.

I mentioned it before, in a different post, we did have an odd thing when we got back on our ship. They stopped both women in front of us and asked for proof of their vaccine. They both threw a hissy fit over it too. Wasn't necessary for them to act that way, but I agree it was odd to ask them for it when they were coming back ON the ship.

I'm headed there also so I've looked into this and can confirm.  They require two covid shots for Moderna / Pfizer, or just one if you had J&J.   Booster is not required.  Now whether they will actually check....who knows.  But your white card with vaccinations written on it is all the proof you need. 

I was in Grand Turk twice in the last two weeks on my B2B. They did not ask for any proof as we left the ship. The announcements each morning on the ship informed us of the requirements so we had the cards with us, but never had to show them. 

12 hours ago, groundloop said:

I'll second and third what everyone else has said, I was never asked to show my vaccine card while at Grand Turk in November.  

I just keep a photo of it on my phone just in case.

Perfect advice.  In the event you run into that one-in-a-million situation where someone cares about vaccine stuff, have it w/ you.

My DH and myself were on HAL Thanksgiving week, and I wasn't allowed to leave the ship.  He went ashore and I stayed on the ship.  Before we got on board, I stated I hadn't been vaccinated, so I received a letter in the room stating, I wasn't allowed disembark in Grand Turk.  I didn't mind.  I had been there several times in the past.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Derbie said:

My DH and myself were on HAL Thanksgiving week, and I wasn't allowed to leave the ship.  He went ashore and I stayed on the ship.  Before we got on board, I stated I hadn't been vaccinated, so I received a letter in the room stating, I wasn't allowed disembark in Grand Turk.  I didn't mind.  I had been there several times in the past.  

How strange... I also was on HAL over Thanksgiving (Rotterdam) and nobody said a word to me in Grand Turk (both my daughter and I spent the day on the beach there and neither of us is vaccinated) or any other port.

13 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

We were there week before Christmas,  DH did a snorkel excursion and DS and I got off the ship and went into port, no one asked for anything.  We did hear from someone else that was with a couple that same day, they were not allowed off the ship, have no idea of the what or how that happened or what the status of the couple was. I have read similar stories here on CC as well.  

I think what happened in this case was that people filled out the health questionnaire before the requirement was dropped and stated they were unvaxxed so Carnival knew.  Those who booked cruises after they dropped the requirement probably won't run into this.  I know for ours we had filled it out and then the requirement was dropped. 
We weren't asked at GT either but we did have a copy on our phones just in case. 

3 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Perfect advice.  In the event you run into that one-in-a-million situation where someone cares about vaccine stuff, have it w/ you.

Well, assuming the authorities in question will accept a photo rather than the card itself. But I agree you're unlikely to be asked for your card these days. And if you were, having a photo is better than nothing. They might well accept it.

18 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Well, assuming the authorities in question will accept a photo rather than the card itself. But I agree you're unlikely to be asked for your card these days. And if you were, having a photo is better than nothing. They might well accept it.

I can't say 100% but I am almost positive the CD said that a photo would be accepted.  

I was on the Magic and stopped in Grand Turk in November.  There were 2 twenty-something girls in front of me trying to get off the ship.  One of them was told she could not get off of the ship and she was arguing with them saying she "wished I would have know this before I came on this cruise".  I assume it is because she was not vaccinated.  When we boarded the ship the port staff reviewed our vaccination card so I again, assume, it is recorded in our onboard account.  They scan your S & S card when you try to leave the ship so they can easily see if you are vaccinated.  

I we were notified that Grand Turk still had the vaccination requirement before we set sail.

We took our cards over a Halloween cruise. I keep mine clipped into my passport anyway. We took them to Guest Services to have them scan them in and already be in the system but honestly I don't think they asked a single person to see them. We didn't shop or go into any of the shops except the one they herd you through into the port.

2 hours ago, ButterflyGirly said:

.  They scan your S & S card when you try to leave the ship so they can easily see if you are vaccinated.

Only if you filled out the health questionnaire prior to it being dropped. . 
like you I sailed in November and had already filled it out before they ended the requirement. Lots of people now would have never had to and Carnival won’t have access to their vaccination status. 

Was just there on our Celebration Christmas cruise. They didn’t need to check status because S&S card would “ping” for those unvaccinated attempting to get off the ship. Although the testing requirement was dropped, I thought there was still a health question in there somewhere that enables them to keep track of those who remain unvaccinated?

On 1/3/2023 at 6:17 AM, Moriah said:

How strange... I also was on HAL over Thanksgiving (Rotterdam) and nobody said a word to me in Grand Turk (both my daughter and I spent the day on the beach there and neither of us is vaccinated) or any other port.

I disclosed at the check in time that I hadn't been vaccinated.  The letter arrived in the room the next day, advising I wasn't allowed to enter Grand Turk.  I didn't think to ask my husband if they were asking for his proof vaccination, when he got back on board.  I will say this, we both came home with Covid, after leaving the ship.  Not as rough as the first time we had it in 2020.  My husband referred to as a parting gift.  HA

3 hours ago, Derbie said:

I disclosed at the check in time that I hadn't been vaccinated.  The letter arrived in the room the next day, advising I wasn't allowed to enter Grand Turk.  I didn't think to ask my husband if they were asking for his proof vaccination, when he got back on board.  I will say this, we both came home with Covid, after leaving the ship.  Not as rough as the first time we had it in 2020.  My husband referred to as a parting gift.  HA

I also took home an unwanted souvenir.  Somehow my husband avoided it. 
Got off the ship Sunday, didn't feel great Monday (was tired travelling on Sunday) and tested positive on Tuesday.  It was pretty mild for me, but vaxxed and boosted. 

• Like 1