Open letter to Christine Duffy!

pzsdd6

Rather than continually complain here about all that is wrong with Carnival, I offer up the following:

Ms.Duffy,

I will personally book and pay for a cruise for you to travel on a ship of your choice for any cruise you are willing to take under the following conditions:

1) Must travel undercover ( different name)

2) no prior notice to anyone else within Carnival, no videos or photos ( other than those you personally take)

This way you can really see and experience the problems that a huge number of your customers have to endure. I sincerely doubt that you have any frame of reference regarding what the everyday passenger deals with, from booking, boarding, food, customer service, employee interaction. 
While I won’t hold my breath on this one, it will most likely be ignored just like Carnival ignores customers.

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

What a great idea.  She should also take note of how customers are treated post cruise.  How the only correspondence you get from their "customer care" department are form letters not relative to the issue.  How there is nobody to talk to unless you want to book a cruise.  How they can even send their form letters to Visa when a charge is disputed.  She will never see me on another Carnival ship.  BTW, if you are owed money on your last cruise day, go to their shops even if you have to buy $200 worth of gum because you will  never see your credit.  Yes, Ms. Duffy, that's how your customers are treated.  I wonder how long this post will be on before they remove it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pzsdd6 said:

see and experience the problems that a huge number of your customers have to endure

I'm wondering what you're talking about here- we got off of the dream a few weeks back and had an amazing vacation. What problems are you hoping she would see, specifically?

• Like 6

She will never answer or take me up on this, for several reasons. 1) she really doesn’t care. 2) this way she can keep denying the issues. 3) they can keep doing business as is (screwing the customer and hiding offshore)

I took approximately 30 small videos documenting everything that I’ve posted about, including take aways from multiple crew members (yes, even they are disgusted). I’m working with a friend to see the best way to post them so that as many people as possible can see them, then let’s see their response. Posting them here will only allow Carnival to complain and have them removed.

Do you really think the President of CCL could just be a "passenger" aboard Carnival and not be recognized by crew and even fellow passengers, you're delusional. Ask former President of NCL what happened when he went in disguise aboard one of his ships on Undercover boss how fast he was spotted by crew and passengers alike. 🤣

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, notscb said:

I'm wondering what you're talking about here- we got off of the dream a few weeks back and had an amazing vacation. What problems are you hoping she would see, specifically?

Im glad you had a great time, I’m sure many do, but have to be blind, deaf, and ignorant to not see all the complaints from others here on the boards, and that just the ones that don’t get removed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davechipp74 said:

Do you really think the President of CCL could just be a "passenger" aboard Carnival and not be recognized by crew and even fellow passengers, you're delusional. Ask former President of NCL what happened when he went in disguise aboard one of his ships on Undercover boss how fast he was spotted by crew and passengers alike. 🤣

Quite possible……but there are ways around that. The only reason the NCL president was spotted was because they were always followed around by several camera men trying to make a show. Pretty easy to figure that one out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pzsdd6 said:

Im glad you had a great time, I’m sure many do, but have to be blind, deaf, and ignorant to not see all the complaints from others here on the boards, and that just the ones that don’t get removed.

Well, in all honesty, you're more likely to hear unsolicited feedback from people that had a bad experience rather than a neutral or positive one.

Tom

• Like 6

1 minute ago, pzsdd6 said:

Quite possible……but there are ways around that. The only reason the NCL president was spotted was because they were always followed around by several camera men trying to make a show. Pretty easy to figure that one out.

BTW, Kevin Sheehan did personally reply to me following an issue on a cruise. Though that probably would not have occurred had I not made a diplomatic approach to the issue to begin with.

Tom

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Well, in all honesty, you're more likely to hear unsolicited feedback from people that had a bad experience rather than a neutral or positive one.

Tom

Very true Tom. A lot of people get what they pay for without any issues, we will not hear from those, however any good executive will honestly and openly listen to criticism. If they are unwilling to listen them you have your answer………they should never be in a position to render decisions.

59 minutes ago, pzsdd6 said:

She will never answer or take me up on this, for several reasons. 1) she really doesn’t care. 2) this way she can keep denying the issues. 3) they can keep doing business as is (screwing the customer and hiding offshore)

I took approximately 30 small videos documenting everything that I’ve posted about, including take aways from multiple crew members (yes, even they are disgusted). I’m working with a friend to see the best way to post them so that as many people as possible can see them, then let’s see their response. Posting them here will only allow Carnival to complain and have them removed.

Do you really think she is going to answer you here on CC? Have you tried to contact her?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DebOinKC said:

Do you really think she is going to answer you here on CC? Have you tried to contact her?

If you know a way to speak to a live person at CCL, please share the phone number.  Even the folks at VISA can't reach them. 

And for all those with only positive feedback, we were all in that  position until we weren't so don't act like people are dilusional if they have a problem that is being ignored.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Great idea. She should go and see 95%+ of the guests having a good time. Then notice a few that feel they were lied to about the type of hamburger buns that were used.

Served with a side of disgusting fries.

4 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

If you know a way to speak to a live person at CCL, please share the phone number.  Even the folks at VISA can't reach them. 

And for all those with only positive feedback, we were all in that  position until we weren't so don't act like people are dilusional if they have a problem that is being ignored.

I've had more issues with Carnival than any other line - though that's because we've sailed more with them. No cruise line, nor any business, is perfect (well, they're not prefect all the time).

Take the good with the (hopefully occasional, or rarely) bad.

Tom

• Like 5

3 hours ago, pzsdd6 said:

Rather than continually complain here about all that is wrong with Carnival, I offer up the following:

Ms.Duffy,

I will personally book and pay for a cruise for you to travel on a ship of your choice for any cruise you are willing to take under the following conditions:

1) Must travel undercover ( different name)

2) no prior notice to anyone else within Carnival, no videos or photos ( other than those you personally take)

This way you can really see and experience the problems that a huge number of your customers have to endure. I sincerely doubt that you have any frame of reference regarding what the everyday passenger deals with, from booking, boarding, food, customer service, employee interaction. 
While I won’t hold my breath on this one, it will most likely be ignored just like Carnival ignores customers.

Just had my third cruise.  It was perfect.  But thank you for thinking you are talking for the rest of us.  Booking is easy.  Boarding is easy.  Food is good.  Customer service is great unless you are hard to make happy.  Employee interaction is wonderful.  Life must be tough for you.  

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

Just now, thunderingherd11 said:

Just had my third cruise.  It was perfect.  But thank you for thinking you are talking for the rest of us.  Booking is easy.  Boarding is easy.  Food is good.  Customer service is great unless you are hard to make happy.  Employee interaction is wonderful.  Life must be tough for you.  

Meant to say third cruise this year, so yes during and post pandemic regulations.  

2 hours ago, pzsdd6 said:

They do surveys for every customer.  They get a lot of feedback.  They know they are doing a good job.  Try someone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Thanks for your input.  I am sure you read the rest of my post that concluded that each side has a valid opinion and input.  Since the first post was a negative post, I said that there would be back and forth between both sides.  No one is to blame.

You're welcome. The OP has already stated they are moving to Celebrity. Makes me go hmmmmm.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kellyann said:

yes call them.  Do it all of the time.  

No, most humans when they have something that doesnt go right figure out how to deal with without being a victim.  

• Like 4