NO SODA CARDS SOLD: Straight from HAL

JJPacer

The question is what is the value/choice and cost basis of the beverages you prefer?:)

An example we have paid .09 NINE cents per can for Dr. Pepper (the secret ingredient is Prune Juice) on sale. :p

Is this available on the ships? None that I have been aboard and found.

A soda card now on this line is it only for Fountain Sodas? That full cost basis is only .01 or .02 cents per glass. So yes it is lower than our sale DR. Pepper.

If people want to carry aboard there sleeves of soda as we do they may. If they choose to drink unlimited soda with there paid for soda cards that too is a choice.

Allowing passengers the freedom to choose is so very well.

Just another outstanding attribute of Holland American Line, A Carnival Cruise Line Company.. :CCL:NYSE

PS: Shareholders do actually not have much of a say ..well uinless your on the Board of Directors but your voices are heard especcially in writing to the firm. Expression is vital and the more which do the better it is heard and seen o-o :eek:

We both like caffeine free diet coke to avoid overload in the evening. I don’t think I can remember a ship that has ever had this.

Caffeine Free Diet Coke has been available on a HAL ship every single time I've asked for it.

Although I'm certain you are reporting your experience accurately, I wouldn't want people who have never sailed HAL (or are only now switching drinks) to think that particular soda can't be had.

if you toss a few liter bottles of coke in your suitcase, is that even smuggling? i'm not seeing a HAL policy posted anywhere that prohibits pax from bringing boozeless beverages onboard... ;)

i say "smuggle" away, unless someone can correct me on HAL policy?

(though, having said that, i have to laugh and nod my head at Jim Gallup's points about the ridiculous colored water. i enjoy the taste of a soda, but i don't need it that bad!)

I last sailed in November on the Zuiderdam when unlimited sodas were available with the "soda sticker". However, I am a huge Dr Pepper fan so I brought on a 12 pack at embarkation and then in St. Thomas I bought another six pack and brought it on too. No problems either time and all went through the xray machines.

Just returned from the Oosterdam yesterday (3-11). Soda cards are sold right on the pier before you board the ship. $18 gets you 20 glasses of soda. I purchased one & didn't even use 1/2, so found it a waste. Between the ice tea, fruit juices & lemonade, I didn't really want a soda. Margaritas in the crow's nest were the best!

They still sell soda cards.

Archived