2024 availability

Aquitania01

I am looking at booking Mediterranean for 2024. I’m not sure if it’s just me, but there doesn’t appear to be an abundance of sailings or ships per brand to book. Each line may only have one or two ships and older ones. 
I don’t usually book this far in advance for the Med.

As it’s a year in advance would it be safe to assume more will come on line during this year? Or have things changed with Covid? 

Thanks in advance

Most of the schedules just came out...they may be a few that aren't done listing yet. Probably not a a lot...maybe just a couple.

Remember, most major cruise lines sold off ships during Covid...there aren't as many cruise ships out there. Some Med ports (think Venice and Santorini, among others) are doing things to decrease the number of visitors.

Yes, there would appear to be fewer ships in the Med in 2024. I know Holland America went from 3 to 1...they sold off 4 ships. However, they have actually increased the number of ships in the Northern Europe area.

On 1/3/2023 at 4:12 AM, Aquitania01 said:

I am looking at booking Mediterranean for 2024. I’m not sure if it’s just me, but there doesn’t appear to be an abundance of sailings or ships per brand to book. Each line may only have one or two ships and older ones. 
I don’t usually book this far in advance for the Med.

As it’s a year in advance would it be safe to assume more will come on line during this year? Or have things changed with Covid? 

Thanks in advance

There may be less ships sailing, but there are still a vast number of choices available.  An online TA website shows 2509 sailings in the Med in 2024

On 1/4/2023 at 10:34 PM, Aquitania01 said:

If youre happy to cruise with MSC and/or on an old ship of other brands, the choice is limited

Celebrity Ascent built in 2022 has 19 cruises

Celebrity Beyond built in 2022 has 21 cruises

Celebrity Apex built in 2020 has 6 cruises

46 new ship cruises - and that's just one cruise line

In addition, Celebrity Equinox was built in 2009 but refurbished in 2019 and has 20 cruises