Crown and anchor point accrual by spouse

Aaron3

My wife and children have been on a few RCl cruises and have more scheduled. 

We've always booked in my wife's name, but I'm looking at a short cruise after a work trip. Can these points be added to the same crown and anchor?

2 minutes ago, Aaron3 said:

We've always booked in my wife's name, but I'm looking at a short cruise after a work trip. Can these points be added to the same crown and anchor?

If you are traveling without her, they get added only to your "true" total, likely to be less than hers.  When you travel again with her, you get the better status of hers and yours.

• Thanks 1

Each individual has their C&A number.   Each person earns their own points.  

If your wife is diamond then you will be diamond but will not have the same points she has.

If you will be cruising a solo in a cabin then you will get double points unless you are in a cabin for solo cruisers only.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aaron3 said:

No, points cannot be added to another person's account. C&A status can be shared but points cannot.

Your wife has been on more cruises so she will have higher status.  As your C&A account will be linked to your wife’s, you will get her status.  When you sign in to your account on line, you will actually see her point linked total (not your own).  If you want to know your own total, you can call and ask.  If you take a solo cruise, your personal point total will increase, but unless your person total exceeds your wife’s, the number you see when you log in won’t change (that is you’ll still see your wife’s number). 

Hubby has been eight points ahead of me for years now.  I see his total when I log in.  When I call in, the agents congratulate me on my on number (8 lower)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other* by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the Crown & Anchor Society program.

7 hours ago, Aaron3 said:

Each individual can have their own crown and anchor number.  It’s the C&A number and points that determines benefits.  If you don’t have one, you can contact RCI and they’ll assign one to you and points according to your cruise history.  If you’ve never cruised and your wife and kids aren’t going on the cruise, then you’re not able to use the possible benefits of their tier.  Best to call them, explain your situation and they’ll explain everything to you.  Best wishes.  Cheers, Aaron