Semi-LIVE Equinox January 2, 2023

Betsynh

5 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Topper? Holy cow! We were on the Equinox back in 2016 and 2017 and saw the show! I can't believe that they are still doing that show 6 years later!

All the attention in recent years has focused on the E class ships.  I love Topper but it is time for them to bring some new shows to M and S class!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, chamima said:

If you add the pass make sure to put your phone on Airplane mode when you leave islands . If you leave the phone on you just might pick up connections from random islands you pass  and get charged $10 (or multiple $10 on a sea day). This might have happened to someone we know.......... 🤣

Way back in the day when I had a Blackberry for work, I had left it off the entire cruise until the last night. I decided to charge it up so that I could check my work emails the next day when we docked. The instant I started charging it, hundreds of messages started downloading.  Thankfully, I guess we were close enough to the coast of Florida that I didn’t incur any charges. But I sweated it out for weeks waiting for the bill to come in and also had to explain to my extremely cost conscious boss what had happened. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Curious - have any of the Sky Suites been updated?  Last we sailed in a corner S1 a few years ago post-refurb ours was not.  Wondering if any of them were?

I've not sailed in a SS but sailed in  RS and PH on Equinox and all were updated and had the new beds as well as color scheme.

I just saw a YouTube that said Starlink internet is now on the Equinox.  Assuming this is true, have you used it and if so, is it good.  Also, is it a test of Starlink for a short period or is it permanent.  We board on January 30 and are very curious about this.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, ttax said:

I just saw a YouTube that said Starlink internet is now on the Equinox.  Assuming this is true, have you used it and if so, is it good.  Also, is it a test of Starlink for a short period or is it permanent.  We board on January 30 and are very curious about this.  Thanks.

It says Starlink. Haven’t heard complaints. 

BTW, snooped in a cabin across the hall (a veranda deck 10) and their carpet was gray! Must be updated!

On 1/6/2023 at 9:20 PM, carolyn22 said:

A really stupid question from me - how can you tell that Verizon is picking up the Martinique tower?  I’m going to be on the Equinox in a few weeks for 28 days and also have Verizon. I’m thinking of adding Travel Pass. 

I used the ship WiFi to open the Find My Friends app and saw that we were still really close to Martinique. Went back to airplane mode as the bars started disappearing. Worth it! 

On 1/7/2023 at 11:13 AM, chamima said:

@Betsynh - If you're bored one day or one evening could you stop by the shop on the ship that sells liquor and find out what kind of bourbon they have for sale. We have a TON of OBC and my husband likes good bourbon so I thought that might be somewhere to spend it.

Thanks!

Yes!! Took a couple of photos of their whiskey section!! Hoping you can identify from there! 

EE3B7E18-A261-400E-83EA-00CB3E3D2D71.jpeg

1CB96E20-E5ED-4376-BD09-5A7CBF2847A5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chamima said:

@Betsynh - Thank you SO, SO MUCH!!!!

That was so considerate of you !!!!!!! 💜

You’re welcome! We’re not really drinkers so hoping we got the right section! 🤣 Enjoy your trip! We had an amazing time. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:55 AM, phoenix_dream said:

Can anyone on this cruise confirm that the changes mentioned in another thread (about "Ambush charges") are in fact correct?  Other than the lobster one which has been confirmed.

The only thing I noticed about an unexpected charge was for a second lobster tail. It was offered the second chic night and had a $ symbol where the allergy info is listed. The waiter was clear about it though. Just surprised. 

F4E0D4B1-6A95-430A-9CE0-BEE6F4C3EC6A.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 7:58 AM, deliver42 said:

We're on the same cruise next December. Can't wait. Did you have to get tested before the cruise or did they drop that on longer cruises?

No testing at all. We brought our own kits in case we felt poorly but we’re fine the whole trip. 

• Like 1

Excursion thoughts:

we had a great itinerary— Antigua, Martinique, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts. 

We joined a group from our CC Roll Call on an eco tour with Adventure Antigua. We got to feed turtles and hubby climbed Hell’s Gate. 

CE4C933E-C9E0-4097-A9AD-6A5AEEE813F8.jpeg

88C4DE7E-B582-46DC-BA73-DF2973DEC49E.jpeg

• Like 1

Barbados we did the ship’s Tiami Catamaran and Turtle excursion. The boat crew was awesome and we snorkeled to see a couple of small turtles, schools of fish, a shipwreck (all were close to shore since I’m a chicken), and we swam to a beach to relax in the sand for a bit. The captain gave us all noodles to ensure we made it safely! 

4CE7F4CE-D4A7-457E-9A19-FB2C737F9B99.jpeg

• Like 1

St Lucia was a highlight! We booked the Ladera VIP Resort which included a bus tour across the island to see the Pitons and to have lunch at the swanky Ladera Resort (it’s about $2,000 per night).  We had a few minutes to enjoy their gift shop before hopping on a catamaran for the return trip. It was an amazing day despite a couple of short rain bursts. Lots of hairpin turns for the bus… yikes! 

93F3CC75-AA78-4F37-AB49-486A91529AB4.jpeg

02530925-C5A1-498F-85CB-0A1E16ACF860.jpeg

E6106711-69C8-425F-B643-13EA659FAF82.jpeg

937CDCC0-BC86-4A27-8D74-B4DEBBB981D4.jpeg

CF8EA555-B797-4675-A1C6-ADF17BA11AE4.jpeg

2DB57B49-732B-4BE7-902A-08D1718F19E2.jpeg

• Like 1

I do NOT recommend our St Kitts shore excursion and let Celebrity know. We booked a Coastal Cruise, Beach and Steel Drum Cruise with the specific goal of enjoying a beach in Nevis, as specified on the description. It was more like a booze cruise and took us to a beach in St Kitts. We rented chairs and umbrella for $15 and the people next to us said they took a cab from the ship. How’d you do that? Aren’t we in Nevis? Nope. It felt like the boat was bringing us to their friend’s rental area to make extra $$. Misleading and a little sketchy. We’d been to that same beach a few years ago by cab. Ugh. Pick an excursion with Nevis in the title. Hope it’s rectified. 

04BE5A94-DFFB-482A-8371-CFA40752DF69.png

39 minutes ago, Betsynh said:

The only thing I noticed about an unexpected charge was for a second lobster tail. It was offered the second chic night and had a $ symbol where the allergy info is listed. The waiter was clear about it though. Just surprised. 

F4E0D4B1-6A95-430A-9CE0-BEE6F4C3EC6A.jpeg

WOW - There isn't a single thing on there that my vegan husband could eat!

There are rumors of a separate vegan menu so I sure hope it really exists!

(If Celebrity is really looking to save $$ on food costs you'd think they'd add some vegan options on the main menu)

What did you think of the Balata Gardens in Martinique? I'd love to go there but the taxi fare is high .

Edited by chamima

Writing this from FLL airport waiting to depart. We were all checked in and through security by 8:20 and we didn’t self-debark (#6 for luggage). And we had to pull some heavy stuff out of hubby’s suitcase to meet weight limit. Left ship around 7:40. No line at Customs. Only quick facial recognition and off to taxi area. $20 ride included generous tip. 

We had a great time overall. The entertainment improved as the days wore in. The group Electric Soul was phenomenal. I screenshot descriptions for each nights entertainment although the production cast appears to be leaving. 

We loved DJ Chris Fernandez. He kept the ship hopping by the pool during the day and Sky Lounge late night. No Caribbean reggae-type band. Activities team was great. CD Pete did a couple of talks about growing up near Windsor Castle and about life on board. Both were excellent. Hubby was nervous about cruising more than 7 days but thoroughly enjoyed the extended time. Great job Celebrity! See you next time! 

17612674-BE24-42BD-9A7E-D7803CF748B2.jpeg

8C8FAA49-EECA-4292-A651-2A53870637DD.jpeg

6E9AA39B-8875-401B-A8D7-78A7BED1F207.jpeg

7683762E-122F-4C61-B6E2-CF11C87E655E.jpeg

F16D8749-1D78-4177-AA75-BD3C9BD34B38.jpeg

11FE2B53-23AD-4D0A-BA55-0A81320DD33A.jpeg

00DCF12A-2849-455E-B316-E5A8F11DF1AD.jpeg

1FCA857A-F5EC-48EF-B27B-785C0DFA513E.jpeg

F7584347-AFDF-4A10-B318-B2442073CB2E.jpeg

72B1B9F6-B06B-4976-BB62-8527EF52B0D2.jpeg

On 1/7/2023 at 10:29 AM, phoenix_dream said:

All the attention in recent years has focused on the E class ships.  I love Topper but it is time for them to bring some new shows to M and S class!

As much as I love Topper I agree. All the focus is on E class in so many ways.  They send the best of everything there, even staff, although thankfully they often have a choice and choose to remain where they are. Not that all X staff isn't fantastic but the emphasis on E class to the detriment of the other ships in some ways is just wrong. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

WOW - There isn't a single thing on there that my vegan husband could eat!

There are rumors of a separate vegan menu so I sure hope it really exists!

(If Celebrity is really looking to save $$ on food costs you'd think they'd add some vegan options on the main menu)

What did you think of the Balata Gardens in Martinique? I'd love to go there but the taxi fare is high .

I saw lots of Indian food in the OVC. I’m GF (required) and try to avoid meat whenever possible (optional), so my expectations are pretty low. They had a Sushi place… don’t know about vegan menu but they were very helpful in MDR with gluten. Mast Grill had veggie burgers but they weren’t GF according to the person I asked. Good luck!

• Thanks 1