FCCs have different categories, some cannot be used toward excursions

Middleager

Last year in Jan. we got FCCs (Future Cruise Credits) for a cancelled cruse (my daughter got Covid).  We then applied the FCCs toward NCL shore excursions and thermal spa passes, for an upcoming cruise (as well as payment toward cruise fare).

We just finished b2b Mediterranean cruises (Epic, 2022.11.15 and 2022.12.7).  For those two cruises, the price dropped after final payment, and NCL gave us FCCs (can do that one time, for price drop).  

Those FCCs were applied to my wife and my accounts after we finished the sailings,  but we cannot see them in our respect accounts when we log on.  I called NCL and they assured me the FCCs are there, even though I don't see them.

I just tried to book an NCL excursion and wanted to apply the FCCs, but there isn't a way.  I called NCL, and was told those are FCCs of the type "Discount off voyage", and can only be applied toward cruise fare, and expires within the year (need to book AND SAIL).  The agent doesn't know why we cannot see them on our accounts, so I requested she send an email asking that to be fixed.

Anyway, so I've now also learned that there are different types of FCCs.  The ones from cancelled cruises can be used toward excursions, thermal passes, etc.  Then there are those that can only apply to the fare of a future cruise.

Yep. Found this out when the Pearl was turned around last January. They gave us FCC then later said, "No, it was a discount and if you don't use it all, you lose the rest." They applied it to my replacement cruise--which I had paid for in full--that left before the "FCC" was even available for use. My replacement cruise was bare bones as I was paying on the spot and had not received any of the reimbursement from the Pearl cruise yet.

After much anguish and paperwork mailed and emailed, they did return some of the FCC that I "lost" since I hadn't used all of it on the replacement cruise (that left before the FCC was available for use- eye roll). 

So, yeah, there are FCCs that aren't really FCCs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Middleager said:

We just finished b2b Mediterranean cruises (Epic, 2022.11.15 and 2022.12.7).  For those two cruises, the price dropped after final payment, and NCL gave us FCCs (can do that one time, for price drop).  

Anyway, so I've now also learned that there are different types of FCCs.  The ones from cancelled cruises can be used toward excursions, thermal passes, etc.  Then there are those that can only apply to the fare of a future cruise.

The FCC from a price drop after final payment can be used to pay the fare of a future cruise?

I ask because my TA thought so but wasn't sure. I've got several hundred in FCC like that.

6 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The FCC from a price drop after final payment can be used to pay the fare of a future cruise?

I ask because my TA thought so but wasn't sure. I've got several hundred in FCC like that.

That's what I was told, can only go toward cruise fare.  Also expires one year from date of issue (completion of the cruise that you got the FCC for), got to book and sail by that date.

52 minutes ago, Middleager said:

That's what I was told, can only go toward cruise fare.  Also expires one year from date of issue (completion of the cruise that you got the FCC for), got to book and sail by that date.

I had previously booked a cruise for March 2024.  NCL gave me some pushback about the military discount.  I had the TA cancel and rebook for Feb 2024 which got me a lower fare, plus the military discount, and TA paid DSC.  I received the FCC for a cruise in March 2023  so it looks like this will work quite well.  

I sailed the same time as OP and also called NCL about the price drop.  I was told NCL would provide a FCC after the sailing was completed but almost a month later it has not shown up in my account.  I keep getting different answers about what is going on, my PCC says he can see the request and it needs "processing".  He suggested I put in a request to customer service resolutions but they said I never even made the FCC request.  Now I can't get anyone to respond.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get a response/resolution from NCL?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boschmann said:

I sailed the same time as OP and also called NCL about the price drop.  I was told NCL would provide a FCC after the sailing was completed but almost a month later it has not shown up in my account.  I keep getting different answers about what is going on, my PCC says he can see the request and it needs "processing".  He suggested I put in a request to customer service resolutions but they said I never even made the FCC request.  Now I can't get anyone to respond.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get a response/resolution from NCL?

Did you use a TA, or booked directly with NCL?  And who was it told you NCL would provide FCC -- that'd be the person to put in the FCC request.

We booked with a TA, and the TA put in the request, and told us in the email how much the FCC would be, and we'd get it at the completion of the respective cruises.  The problem we're having is we can't see them on my wife and my accounts, but at least NCL can see them.

I booked direct with NCL and called in, my PCC was unavailable at thetime, to get the FCC.  It took about ten minutes waiting for the request to be entered and the NCL agent said the FCC would go to my account at the end of our cruise.   

I see nothing in my account.  My PCC said he can see the request but not the FCC.  Resolutions said they don't even see the request.  Now nobody is responding. 

1 hour ago, Boschmann said:

I booked direct with NCL and called in, my PCC was unavailable at thetime, to get the FCC.  It took about ten minutes waiting for the request to be entered and the NCL agent said the FCC would go to my account at the end of our cruise.   

I see nothing in my account.  My PCC said he can see the request but not the FCC.  Resolutions said they don't even see the request.  Now nobody is responding. 

So at least you had a PCC who said the request was entered, and then can see the request.  At least that 's a good sign.

Keep chasing after them. Hope you can get that sorted out.

In the mean time, with my wife and my FCCs, we now have to find a cruise we can go on by the end of Nov.

• Thanks 1