SOLO TRAVELERS BEWARE

I was on the November 3, 2022 Los Angeles to Lima repositioning cruise on the mariner. I had such a fabulous time. Every single night there was a solo group hosted by an associate cruise Director. There were always about 15 or more who came to the gathering. Afterwords we would break up into smaller groups to go to dinner together, although each night some would have other plans for dinner. There were solo breakfasts on many of the days. We had so much fun.
I was very fortunate to have Boogie and Keisha on board. They are a singing duo and they play hits afternoons out on the pool deck and in the evenings in the stars lounge. What a work out to dance and dance! They are such high energy, your feet just move and move! Many evenings the officers would be in the stars lounge dancing with us. If I had more money I would be sailing Regent all the time! 
my one criticism was that I was disappointed in many of the included wine offerings, although I always was able to find some thing that I was happy to imbibe. 

I can highly recommend Regent to solo travelers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been following your solo adventures on a few different CC sites, PhD-Iva. My DH is getting to the point where he doesn’t want to hassle with international travel anymore, hence the desire to branch out and do some solo travel. I have appreciated the advice and information you’ve shared.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 6:22 PM, Dolcevita Diva said:

Longtime solo traveller on Silversea tiptoing over to the Regent board to learn more about what travelling on Regent as a solo is like. Silversea currently only has 2 voyages in the Mediterranean available in their low single supplement offering for 2023 and 2024, so it's time to start trying out other lines!

It is interesting that other promotions are not combinable on Regent (promos are combinable on Silversea). 

Hi Stranger🙂....I have several SS cruises booked with the lower SS but I am looking at other lines too........was checking on Regent and the Oceania forum too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lois R said:

Hi Stranger🙂....I have several SS cruises booked with the lower SS but I am looking at other lines too........was checking on Regent and the Oceania forum too. 

Hi Lois!  Lucky you having a few already booked (re: SS and lower supplement). That's interesting that you're looking elsewhere too, as much as we both love Silversea...

I'm OK going up to 150% on SS, but there are very few options below 175% other than a repositioning, South American or Greenland/Iceland with SS - even for 2024.  I've noticed that although they're adding the P2P with extra discount on many voyages, they don't seem to be using the lower single supplement as an option to drive bookings 😞  Feel free to message me if you want to compare notes!

44 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Hi Lois!  Lucky you having a few already booked (re: SS and lower supplement). That's interesting that you're looking elsewhere too, as much as we both love Silversea...

I'm OK going up to 150% on SS, but there are very few options below 175% other than a repositioning, South American or Greenland/Iceland with SS - even for 2024.  I've noticed that although they're adding the P2P with extra discount on many voyages, they don't seem to be using the lower single supplement as an option to drive bookings 😞  Feel free to message me if you want to compare notes!

The messaging feature does not work on here and never has☹️. I have 3 booked for 2024...one in the Caribbean, one British Isles and a TA on the new Ray.  All 3 were lower SS.

30 minutes ago, Lois R said:

The messaging feature does not work on here and never has☹️. I have 3 booked for 2024...one in the Caribbean, one British Isles and a TA on the new Ray.  All 3 were lower SS.

The only things I could find on SS that might work for me this year are not until December 😞, so I'm looking at Regent, the new Crystal, Seabourn and Explora. 

On 3/15/2023 at 3:01 AM, TakingFlight said:

Regent actually has 20 cruises with a 0% single supplement available right now.

I think the timing of that offer was designed to attract solo ex Crystal cruisers before they decided to book with the new unproven company that has purchased the Crystal name & old ships.

The zero % single supplement worked out for me. As a former Crystal client, I have no plans to return to them until hear some feedback from other than their cheerleaders.  They are not starting out right IMHO as solo supplements are 100 percent for cabins with exception of a few on deck 7 without a balcony.  Very pleased with Silversea and have 2 coming soon on   Regent and Silversea.  Crystal has nothing comparable to the multiple dining venues, included excursions and new generously sized staterooms (even entry-level).

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LuAnn said:

How far in advance are the SS rates available? Thanks!

SINGLE SUPPLEMENT AS LOW AS 0%
ON SELECT VOYAGES*
On 20 select sailings in Asia, Africa, Alaska, the Mediterranean and Northern Europe, we invite you to take
advantage of a 0% Single Supplement special offer. That means you can enjoy the peace and quiet of solo
travel while only paying your per person fare on any of those incredible escapes*.
SOLO TRAVELER BENEFITS
• Our superb Social Hostess looks forward to facilitating special events, dinners, activities and more
• A standing invitation to the Social Traveler’s Get Together — a cocktail and/or dinner event — hosted for you and
your fellow guests every evening of the cruise
• A welcoming dining ambiance offering the comfort and freedom for you to dine on your own, with the Social Travelers
or with other guests at a sharing table
SEE SAVINGS BELOW ON FEATURED VOYAGES
FOR A FULL LIST OF ALL APPLICABLE VOYAGES, VISIT RSSC.COM/SPECIALS
DATE NIGHTS FROM/TO SHIP % SUPPLEMENT
SINGLES SPECIAL
FARE FOR SUITE
APR 11, 2023 14 ROUNDTRIP TOKYO Seven Seas Explorer® 0% $19,199
MAY 5, 2023 17 TOKYO TO VANCOUVER Seven Seas Explorer® 0% $17,799
MAY 6, 2023 24 CAPE TOWN TO BARCELONA Seven Seas Mariner® 0% $17,949
JUN 23, 2023 18 NEW YORK TO REYKJAVIK Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $14,399
JUL 11, 2023 12 REYKJAVIK TO LONDON Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $12,099
JUL 23, 2023 16 LONDON TO COPENHAGEN Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $14,299
AUG 8, 2023 20 COPENHAGEN TO AMSTERDAM Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $17,099
AUG 12, 2023 14 REYKJAVIK TO LONDON Seven Seas Voyager® 0% $16,799
LIST OF ALL APPLICABLE VOYAGES CONTINUES ON NEXT PAGE
NEW
SINGLE
SUPPLEMENT
savings
TOKYO, JAPAN
BARCELONA, SPAIN
LONDON ENGLAND
CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
FEB2301114
*Single Supplement specials are based on double occupancy air-inclusive 2-for-1 fares, are capacity controlled, are available on select voyages and suite categories only, and may be increased or removed at any time. Offer is valid for new bookings only made between
February 1, 2023 through April 30, 2023. Single Supplement savings are not combinable with Upgrade Offers, Resident Specials, Special Savings for Kids, or other promotions. All fare examples shown are based on suite Category G on Seven Seas Voyager®,
Seven Seas Mariner® and Seven Seas Navigator® and on Category G2 on Seven Seas Explorer® and Seven Seas Splendor® Ships’ Registry: Marshall Islands & Bahamas. ©2023 Regent Seven Seas Cruises
SINGLES SPECIAL
FARE FOR SUITE
SEP 12, 2023 12 COPENHAGEN TO LONDON Seven Seas Splendor® 0% $14,899
SEP 13, 2023 7 SEWARD TO VANCOUVER Seven Seas Explorer® 0% $6,799
SEP 22, 2023 7 BARCELONA TO LISBON Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $7,999
OCT 20, 2023 10 VENICE TO ATHENS Seven Seas Splendor® 0% $12,399
OCT 25, 2023 10 ROME TO ISTANBUL Seven Seas Voyager® 0% $12,299
OCT 25, 2023 24 ROME TO BARCELONA Seven Seas Voyager® 0% $23,799
OCT 29, 2023 12 ATHENS TO ISTANBUL Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $11,699
OCT 30, 2023 7 ROUNDTRIP ATHENS Seven Seas Splendor® 0% $8,899
NOV 4, 2023 14 ISTANBUL TO BARCELONA Seven Seas Voyager® 0% $15,299
NOV 6, 2023 7 ATHENS TO ROME Seven Seas Splendor® 0% $9,699
DEC 28, 2023 15 ROUNDTRIP CAPE TOWN Seven Seas Voyager® 0% $18,799
NOV 3, 2024 14 BARCELONA TO MIAMI Seven Seas Mariner® 0% $7,799

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find that Regent posts it’s low (0% - 50%) single supplement offers well in advance of the sailing date, whereas sister cruiseline Oceania only promotes its (50%) single supplement on Cruises sailing within the next several months. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Pcardad said:

SINGLE SUPPLEMENT AS LOW AS 0%
ON SELECT VOYAGES*
On 20 select sailings in Asia, Africa, Alaska, the Mediterranean and Northern Europe, we invite you to take
advantage of a 0% Single Supplement special offer. That means you can enjoy the peace and quiet of solo
travel while only paying your per person fare on any of those incredible escapes*.
SOLO TRAVELER BENEFITS
• Our superb Social Hostess looks forward to facilitating special events, dinners, activities and more
• A standing invitation to the Social Traveler’s Get Together — a cocktail and/or dinner event — hosted for you and
your fellow guests every evening of the cruise
• A welcoming dining ambiance offering the comfort and freedom for you to dine on your own, with the Social Travelers
or with other guests at a sharing table
SEE SAVINGS BELOW ON FEATURED VOYAGES
FOR A FULL LIST OF ALL APPLICABLE VOYAGES, VISIT RSSC.COM/SPECIALS
SINGLES SPECIAL
FARE FOR SUITE
APR 11, 2023 14 ROUNDTRIP TOKYO Seven Seas Explorer® 0% $19,199
MAY 5, 2023 17 TOKYO TO VANCOUVER Seven Seas Explorer® 0% $17,799
MAY 6, 2023 24 CAPE TOWN TO BARCELONA Seven Seas Mariner® 0% $17,949
JUN 23, 2023 18 NEW YORK TO REYKJAVIK Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $14,399
JUL 11, 2023 12 REYKJAVIK TO LONDON Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $12,099
JUL 23, 2023 16 LONDON TO COPENHAGEN Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $14,299
AUG 8, 2023 20 COPENHAGEN TO AMSTERDAM Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $17,099
AUG 12, 2023 14 REYKJAVIK TO LONDON Seven Seas Voyager® 0% $16,799
LIST OF ALL APPLICABLE VOYAGES CONTINUES ON NEXT PAGE
NEW
SINGLE
SUPPLEMENT
savings
TOKYO, JAPAN
BARCELONA, SPAIN
LONDON ENGLAND
CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
FEB2301114
*Single Supplement specials are based on double occupancy air-inclusive 2-for-1 fares, are capacity controlled, are available on select voyages and suite categories only, and may be increased or removed at any time. Offer is valid for new bookings only made between
February 1, 2023 through April 30, 2023. Single Supplement savings are not combinable with Upgrade Offers, Resident Specials, Special Savings for Kids, or other promotions. All fare examples shown are based on suite Category G on Seven Seas Voyager®,
Seven Seas Mariner® and Seven Seas Navigator® and on Category G2 on Seven Seas Explorer® and Seven Seas Splendor® Ships’ Registry: Marshall Islands & Bahamas. ©2023 Regent Seven Seas Cruises
SINGLES SPECIAL
FARE FOR SUITE
SEP 12, 2023 12 COPENHAGEN TO LONDON Seven Seas Splendor® 0% $14,899
SEP 13, 2023 7 SEWARD TO VANCOUVER Seven Seas Explorer® 0% $6,799
SEP 22, 2023 7 BARCELONA TO LISBON Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $7,999
OCT 20, 2023 10 VENICE TO ATHENS Seven Seas Splendor® 0% $12,399
OCT 25, 2023 10 ROME TO ISTANBUL Seven Seas Voyager® 0% $12,299
OCT 25, 2023 24 ROME TO BARCELONA Seven Seas Voyager® 0% $23,799
OCT 29, 2023 12 ATHENS TO ISTANBUL Seven Seas Navigator® 0% $11,699
OCT 30, 2023 7 ROUNDTRIP ATHENS Seven Seas Splendor® 0% $8,899
NOV 4, 2023 14 ISTANBUL TO BARCELONA Seven Seas Voyager® 0% $15,299
NOV 6, 2023 7 ATHENS TO ROME Seven Seas Splendor® 0% $9,699
DEC 28, 2023 15 ROUNDTRIP CAPE TOWN Seven Seas Voyager® 0% $18,799
NOV 3, 2024 14 BARCELONA TO MIAMI Seven Seas Mariner® 0% $7,799

Thank you!! I'm thinking of the 11/3/24 T/A!! I've always wanted to try Regent and this is a great price!! 

• Like 1