Princess Plus wines in new pricing

I recently enjoyed a Christmas/New Year cruise onย Coral Princessย with the Plus package, and enjoyed the coffees, liqueurs, and bottled water on offer, however not so much the limited and cheap quality wine included in the package.

The Plus package has been repriced at $65 per day, and actually looks a better buy, particularly for wine drinkers, as the upper limit for included wine has been raised from $16 per glass to $22, and there are quite a few wines on the wine list in that higher bracket.ย 

The Premier package, at $95, allows drinks up to $30, however you would be hard pressed to find wine by the glass offered in this price range.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm hoping they will have a new, expanded wine list soon. We're going on Grand in March so fingers crossed. If they don't I'll be throwing another major hissy fit!

Sadly Julie, I think we are stuck with the current range until the season ends. The new pricing of Plus, Premier, Specialty dining etc. comes into effect for cruises departing from 20th February. They might change it up a bit on the wine lists, but I am not inclined to give them benefit of the doubt yet.

ย 

We will be on Majestic on 24th Feb, and I expect there to be confusion between old and new versions of plus, as well as differences in price caps from the old to the new. I am prepared to get as many pics as I can in 3 days. Coral also has a departure on 20th Feb, Grand on 23rd Feb.ย 

Edited by arxcards

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

They will be. Everything is going up in February, and I expect the bar prices will be no exception.

Be interesting to see what they do with people who got the package before the current changes? I logged in yesterday and it automatically was offering me an upgrade to the new plus package or a double upgrade to the premium, looks like they will be trying hard to get people to pay the extra and upgrade, not that its really much of an upgrade? Well for us anyway, a couple of deserts and 2 fitness classes and the juice bar! (Didn't the old plus package have fresh squeezed juice though??) isn't really much incentive........

ย 

Im not sure how it's going to work with wine by the glass especially anyone on the package pre the changes as its only up to $16 not $22 for the newer plus package, so if prices go up and the keenness to get people to upgrade may well be left with only 1 or 2 token offerings for wine by the glass for those on the old plus offering!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Be interesting to see what they do with people who got the package before the current changes? I logged in yesterday and it automatically was offering me an upgrade to the new plus package or a double upgrade to the premium, looks like they will be trying hard to get people to pay the extra and upgrade, not that its really much of an upgrade? Well for us anyway, a couple of deserts and 2 fitness classes and the juice bar! (Didn't the old plus package have fresh squeezed juice though??) isn't really much incentive........

ย 

Im not sure how it's going to work with wine by the glass especially anyone on the package pre the changes as its only up to $16 not $22 for the newer plus package, so if prices go up and the keenness to get people to upgrade may well be left with only 1 or 2 token offerings for wine by the glass for those on the old plus offering!

We don't cruise until 2024 with our $30 a day plus package,ย  hopefully there is still some alcohol within the price range by then.๐Ÿ˜

The Plus package was sold under the promise of 25 wines by the glass. So far they haven't fulfilled that promise. If they up the prices and don't let original Plus package buyers have the new limit so that there is even less choice in wine they could face some serious kickback - where are the Shine lawyers when you need them! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿคฃ

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

ย 

I have one of the old version Plus packages to try out on 24th Feb. My understanding is that the cap on drinks will adjust, so it is status quo to what we purchased, but we will not be entitled to nasty desserts, smoothies and gym classes with the older version of the package.

11 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

ย 

I hope it is all seamless, as that is the main reason we get that package anyway - knowing what we will get without checking our balance on the folio each day.

ย 

Freshly squeezed orange juice was on the plus package but was taken off some months back, even for those that had already paid for the inclusion.

The difference between old and new is pretty clear. The old packages will have the increased caps for departures from 20th February. I have just done a dummy upgrade to our next two on Majestic, the first is booked with Plus and the 2nd is booked with Premier.

ย 

They have red text at the bottom saying the items listed as "NEW" are not part of the existing packages. They can tell the difference between old and new, as our plus package is now a plus 50 package, and our premier package is now a premier 75/85 package.

ย 

The red text may be a bit hard to read -ย "New" items are not included in your current package. Please contact us or your travel agent to make changes to your package.

ย 

1416211327_Webcapture_6-1-2023_13528_book.princess_com.thumb.jpeg.8de4d22931a1bba5fb9269dfd279a24c.jpeg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

98061662_Webcapture_6-1-2023_13140_book.princess_com.thumb.jpeg.e3e57229bc972265f76cc501a81f569a.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

I hope it is all seamless, as that is the main reason we get that package anyway - knowing what we will get without checking our balance on the folio each day.

ย 

Freshly squeezed orange juice was on the plus package but was taken off some months back, even for those that had already paid for the inclusion.

Seems unfair to exclude freshly squeezed orange juice which had been paid for. ย I guess there was no reduction if that was the main reason you bought that package!

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

I have one of the old version Plus packages to try out on 24th Feb. My understanding is that the cap on drinks will adjust, so it is status quo to what we purchased, but we will not be subjectedย  to nasty desserts, smoothies and gym classes with the older version of the package.

I fixed it for you! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Seems unfair to exclude freshly squeezed orange juice which had been paid for. ย I guess there was no reduction if that was the main reason you bought that package!

It was extremely annoying! I had a minor hissy fit at the time. The excuse was it was taking too much time/effort to squeeze the orangesย  Then I realised I could order a serve of orange slices with my melon or papaya. I reckon it takes longer to segment an orange than to squeeze it! ๐Ÿคฃ

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It was extremely annoying! I had a minor hissy fit at the time. The excuse was it was taking too much time/effort to squeeze the orangesย  Then I realised I could order a serve of orange slices with my melon or papaya. I reckon it takes longer to segment an orange than to squeeze it! ๐Ÿคฃ

I read your comments at the time. ย As I live on fresh orange juice, I used to hand squeeze a couple of oranges for my daily fix. ย Where there is a way!!

On 1/5/2023 at 8:52 PM, arxcards said:

I have one of the old version Plus packages to try out on 24th Feb. My understanding is that the cap on drinks will adjust, so it is status quo to what we purchased, but we will not be entitled to nasty desserts, smoothies and gym classes with the older version of the package.

Good!ย  I don't want any of their crappy desserts smoothies & gym classes anyway. Whoever thought we would be impressed with those offerings anyway needs their heads read๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Good!ย  I don't want any of their crappy desserts smoothies & gym classes anyway. Whoever thought we would be impressed with those offerings anyway needs their heads read๐Ÿ˜

Not an Aussie/Kiwi!

• Like 2