What Was Your Experience Parking At Terminal 5?

GTO-Girl

Trying to decide whether to do a park and ride from the hotel or park at the port.  

Was there a problem finding a place to park upon arriving for your cruise?  And I know at Terminal 5 you pay as you leave so I would like to know if this delayed your leaving. 

Thanks in advance….

I would also like to know the answer to that question.   Though we will be next door at T#6 on Friday to board Jewel (due to Mariner occupying T#5 that day).   

Can't seem to get a confirmation on T#6 set up...but I think that one may be different being a pay as you enter?   And also may not get parking inside the smaller T#6  garage (due to Carnival pax in there before we get there).   

I sailed both 5 and 6 the past couple of weeks. I did not have a problem getting in the garage either time. 5 seems to fill up quick but they have an over flow ground parking  right next to the garage they divert you to if necessary.  This is the big problem...you pay when you leave and you must scan your ticket and then put in your credit card. When people do not have a ticket because they lost it then guess what...cars exiting have to wait and the line backs up. On Sunday it took almost 45 minutes just trying to leave the garage. Super frustrating. Even folks with their ticket seem to get confused and cause delay. I think one reason is when they scan their ticket a pre-recorded voice continues to say scan your ticket and people freak out. The trick is...scan your ticket, it beeps... and then the little display to the right shows what you owe...put in your credit card and then the gate opens once processed.  Disregard the annoying voice trying to give you instructions because it is out of sequence.  

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

I sailed both 5 and 6 the past couple of weeks. I did not have a problem getting in the garage either time. 5 seems to fill up quick but they have an over flow ground parking  right next to the garage they divert you to if necessary.  This is the big problem...you pay when you leave and you must scan your ticket and then put in your credit card. When people do not have a ticket because they lost it then guess what...cars exiting have to wait and the line backs up. On Sunday it took almost 45 minutes just trying to leave the garage. Super frustrating. Even folks with their ticket seem to get confused and cause delay. I think one reason is when they scan their ticket a pre-recorded voice continues to say scan your ticket and people freak out. The trick is...scan your ticket, it beeps... and then the little display to the right shows what you owe...put in your credit card and then the gate opens once processed.  Disregard the annoying voice trying to give you instructions because it is out of sequence.  

OK...did you prepay at #6...or just #5?

15 hours ago, rolloman said:

You pre-pay at number 1. You pay after on #5 and #6

That is where I keep getting conflicting information.   I know you pay as you leave if parking at #5...but others have reported paying in advance at #6.  

Guess I will find out in the morning, and will update. 

Edited by island lady