MDR extra lobster tail clarity, first free, each additional = $20.04 ($16.99 + 18%)

NutsAboutGolf

12 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

That lobster is not  what  Maine lobsters are like .mo great loss

Come to think of it, RCI first trialed this additional fee but changed from Spiny to Maine.  I checked the MDR and Blu menu, no mention of the lobster type

I checked the menu on the Equinox for it's upcoming sailing and the charge for a second tail is listed on the MDR menu, but not on the Blu menu. Luminae has a completely different lobster dish, but no mention of an extra charge there either. 

4 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

I checked the menu on the Equinox for it's upcoming sailing and the charge for a second tail is listed on the MDR menu, but not on the Blu menu. Luminae has a completely different lobster dish, but no mention of an extra charge there either. 

I just checked the MDR menu for our Apex cruise and nothing mentioned of an additional charge for a second lobster tail. We like the broiled lobster tail served in the MDR but one lobster tail each is enough for us as we order the beef wellington to split. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New hack: Open every conversation in the MDR by asking tablemates if anyone is allergic to shellfish. Make friends with anyone who is and plan to dine together on formal night. Two lobster tails for the price of one! 😁

• Like 3

Yet another change I'm okay with if it allows Celebrity to maintain reasonable pricing. I don't want to be paying, indirectly, for that other guy's sixth lobster tail. Certainly, the lobster comes at a higher price to Celebrity than most dishes on the menu. What would tick me off is charging for shows, the gym (even though I don't frequent), towels (big one), activities, and regular kids clubs (I haven't brought kids onboard but know that if a charge came into play, there would be more kids running around during the day). Setting limits on certain complementary items seems appropriate. Let's hope Celebrity doesn't go too far past that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Obviously BLU is immune to the extra fees as are guests for Aqua class from the room service fees. The ships are going back to a class system in Titanic era where higher passengers feel a ever growing divide and gap between have and have nots. In someway it is fair and will force a lot of people to be more motivated in life to make more money to elevate to higher classes, to aspire to a better life style and not just identify with the masses because the masses will soon be nicked and dimed while the elite continue to prosper and recieve numerous complementary services. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Yet another change I'm okay with if it allows Celebrity to maintain reasonable pricing. I don't want to be paying, indirectly, for that other guy's sixth lobster tail. Certainly, the lobster comes at a higher price to Celebrity than most dishes on the menu. What would tick me off is charging for shows, the gym (even though I don't frequent), towels (big one), activities, and regular kids clubs (I haven't brought kids onboard but know that if a charge came into play, there would be more kids running around during the day). Setting limits on certain complementary items seems appropriate. Let's hope Celebrity doesn't go too far past that.

Not happening any tome soon . Not in their marketing plans