When will GTD cabin be assigned?

sanmarcosman

Anytime between now and when you arrive at the terminal.  Keep checking because they won’t send you an email letting you know your cabin has been assigned.  It may or may not be assigned before the online check in date.  If you don’t have a cabin assignment before you arrive at the terminal, the person checking in bags will have your cabin number to put a tag on your luggage.  Good luck!

Typically my guarantee rooms are assigned about a month out, give or take. So for you that means any day now basically. But yes it could be any time between now and when you check-in at the pier.

Edited by mz-s

4 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

Anytime between now and when you arrive at the terminal.  Keep checking because they won’t send you an email letting you know your cabin has been assigned.  It may or may not be assigned before the online check in date.  If you don’t have a cabin assignment before you arrive at the terminal, the person checking in bags will have your cabin number to put a tag on your luggage.  Good luck!

You covered my situation completely and I can't thank you enough. 🙂 

1 hour ago, nwcruiselover said:

.....If you don’t have a cabin assignment before you arrive at the terminal, the person checking in bags will have your cabin number to put a tag on your luggage.  Good luck!

Are you talking about the porters, or is there someone else who'd need to be contacted?

You should have your room assignment before, or at least, two weeks before your cruise since that is when on-line check in begins.  You will need your cabin number to print your luggage tags.  I did a balcony guarantee once and got notified four weeks before the cruise.

Keep checking the "Print my documents" section to see if the cabin number pops up there.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Are you talking about the porters, or is there someone else who'd need to be contacted?

The porters have access to the manifest and blank tags. They will hand write the cabin number on them.

Literally whenever Carnival gets around to assigning it, which can be due to a lot of different factors (how well is your current cabin class selling for that sailing and what is available at or above your guaranteed cabin class, being a big one). My last guarantee cabin was assigned about 30ish days out, but I've heard some people get theirs immediately, while others have no clue until they check in at the port.