Your time dining question

tauntoncheer

We have Your time dining on our upcoming cruise. We are traveling with another couple and our reservations are linked. When we make our dinner reservations each night on the hub will we be able to make our reservations together? First time doing this so not sure how we do it. Thanks in advance for any help. 

If your reservations are linked, it shouldn't be a problem as all of you should be listed in the app when you go to check in. You can always check in, in person at the dining room as well, and then go have a drink before heading to dinner if there is a wait.

4 hours ago, woodey said:

Yes .... all names that are linked will show up when you put your ready to eat info in the hub. it will list the names just check the box of who will be eating with you...

This is your answer.

Just to clarify, you do not have to have anything linked in order to dine together in the MDR with Anytime Dining. You can select anyone on The Hub app when you check-in to dine with you. We've done this several times and never link any bookings together. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Just to clarify, you do not have to have anything linked in order to dine together in the MDR with Anytime Dining. You can select anyone on The Hub app when you check-in to dine with you. We've done this several times and never link any bookings together. 

Exactly. You can search and add any adult on the cruise you know the name of in the Hub app and select them in your reservation for dinner. 

To piggy back on this topic as I have always done assigned dinning...What time can you start making your reservation? On the Celebration in February and want to try some of the other dinning options, but read that with assigned dinning (Early), you can't book until after 7:45PM. Also, early dinning was changed to 5:30PM. 

What's the longest wait time someone has experienced? 

1 minute ago, Riles34 said:

To piggy back on this topic as I have always done assigned dinning...What time can you start making your reservation? On the Celebration in February and want to try some of the other dinning options, but read that with assigned dinning (Early), you can't book until after 7:45PM. Also, early dinning was changed to 5:30PM. 

In the MDR, with Anytime Dining you can 'check in' about 10 minutes before they open. Around 5:45 iirc. The reason set time dining can't go to specialty dining until after 7:45 is because Anytime Dining pax utilize the specialty dining restaurants as well as part of ATD. 

7 hours ago, Riles34 said:

This entirely depends on how many are in your party and what the table availability is at the time you check in for ATD, just like when you show up to a restaurant on land. I've been immediately seated (2-4 people) and have had to wait close to 45 minutes (8-12 people) after check in.

15 minutes ago, Mic101680 said:

This entirely depends on how many are in your party and what the table availability is at the time you check in for ATD, just like when you show up to a restaurant on land. I've been immediately seated (2-4 people) and have had to wait close to 45 minutes (8-12 people) after check in.

This raises a great point.  If I was in charge of putting together a cruise for 8 or more (say, extended family), I'd absolutely opt for a fixed dining time. No way I'd heard cats.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jsglow said:

This raises a great point.  If I was in charge of putting together a cruise for 8 or more (say, extended family), I'd absolutely opt for a fixed dining time. No way I'd heard cats.

Normally I would too, but we had something like 30-40 people in a group of extended family/friends/coworkers/etc on that cruise. We got some great group rates through a local TA, a complimentary cocktail party, and set up a group chat so if anyone wanted company for a specific activity, they would just say when and where. The large group of us dining together w/ your time dining thing was a mistake and we only did that on two nights, but we had a great time on that trip.

• Like 1

Also be careful with your group.

On our Sunshine cruise in September we were cruising with two other couples who had never cruised Carnival.

First night DW had warned them about the difficulty of naviagting to the dining rooms on Carnival ships and told them exactly how to get to the dining room before splitting up for the afternoon.

One of the other couples put in the dining request in the app when it opened at 5:20-30 ish.

All 3 couples got the message our table was ready. so we all started to the dining room from where we were at the time.

DW and I were pretty close so we got there in less than 5 minutes, but they wouldn't let us in to sit until all 6 members of our party were physically there. (even though DW was using a walker due to a knee injury) Which I couldn't understand, as many cruises as we did back in the days before YTD and we had to sit and wait at our table until all the tabelmates would arrive before the waiters would start taking orders. Why we couldn't just go to the table they had assigned us and wait there so DW could get off her bad leg.

Needless to say the 2 newbie couples did not make it down for a few minutes.

One couple got there 4-5 minutes later and again, they would not let us in to our assigned table since the other couple hadn't found their way down yet. (and now we had 3 out of 4 people with walkers)

The other couple finally made it down five more minutes later but we had just been notified they had cancelled our table and when we went to check with the staff, they said we had to reapply in the app and start waiting again. (now with 4 out of 6 people with walkers and no seats available to wait)

So if you have any flaky/flightly people who are horrible at making it to places on time or new cruisers in your group who might get lost, be careful with YTD.

Edited by bguppies

On 1/4/2023 at 11:55 PM, tauntoncheer said:

We have Your time dining on our upcoming cruise. We are traveling with another couple and our reservations are linked. When we make our dinner reservations each night on the hub will we be able to make our reservations together? First time doing this so not sure how we do it. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Yes. In Sept I cruised solo and my son and DIL were in another cabin. I had them linked so when we checked in for dinner it would check all 3 of us.

20 hours ago, Mic101680 said:

Larger groups (like more than 6 or 8 are are generally going to have a longer wait because there just aren't that many tables that big in the ATD dining room, or they have to wait until two tables next to each other are both available to push them together.

Edited by DallasGuy75219