Allure of the Seas from Galveston questions

We're taking our 1st Oasis Class cruise and it's our 1st as Diamond Plus so we're a bit overwhelmed with the size and offerings of the ship.  Here are our questions - 

I apologize in advance if these have been answered previously, but in searching I haven't located clear answers yet.

• Is it essential to get pre-cruise reservations for the Aqua and Mamma Mia shows?  Can we wait and get them onboard after we've sorted out dining, etc.?  (We're currently on the waitlist for early seating rather than the 7:45 slot - which seems to really class with showtimes.)
  • Are the 3 Aqua shows the same show repeated or 3 different shows?
  • We're not much into specialty dining (we have lots of really yummy places in Dallas); however, we're thinking about using the BOGO that we're entitled to with D+.  Do we just go up to the restaurants on Day 1 to arrange that?  
  • I've read great things about the new terminal in Galveston and easy, breezy embark/disembarkations.  If we arrive before our allotted time slot, can we just get in the Priority line and board early?  Assuming that they're not swamped, of course.

Any other favorite must-do tips or cautionary tips are appreciated.  Thanks so much in advance.

• Like 1

Pre-cruise reservations for shows is a good idea, but not vital.  Especially if you do not yet have firm dining times in mind.  Most showtimes open up to general seating about 15-20 minutes prior for those without reservations.

Yes, all main showtimes repeat the same performance.  Comedy and smaller performances may vary of course.

Yes, make your specialty dining reservations upon boarding.

Probably not enough data yet to know how D+ (and Key, etc) boarding works out.  Lots of variables there, most notably the status of the previous cruise and how fast that ship cleared.  Regardless, the new terminal looks comfy to wait for whatever wait states arise. 

Aqua show was walk in.  We showed up at 6:59 for a 7pm show and there were plenty of seats available.  It was the same show each time.

My daughter went to every ice show with two friends, mostly without reservations at all.  We got our Mama Mia reservations as soon as we got on the ship (our sailing didn't allow for booking before boarding, same with dining but the times weren't ideal)

I can't speak to D+ or arriving early,  but we were probably on the ship 15 minutes after walking into the terminal.  It was super easy.

As far as tips and tricks go, I found the ship remarkably easy to navigate.  

Just sort of keep tabs on which end of the ship your destination is going to be.  It's best to cross from front to back or visa versa on decks 4, 5, 8 and 15, otherwise you have to walk through a labyrinth of rooms. 

Embarkation and debarkation are spotty. Embarkation seems to be easier than disembarkation unless you carry off your luggage yourself.  Also helps disembarkation if you're disembarking late but parked in the terminal parking lot. 

Pre-covid Allure had two different ice shows and two aqua shows.  No reservations possible for the alternate shows and their timing was such that they were half empty.

In October Allure had two sessions of the Aqua show and they were working on a new show.  We happened to go to both and while the theme was the same they were quite different.  

The ice show was offered multiple times and as far as I know was the same.  Their updated version of the Monopoly show was much improved on the original but still recognizable.

10 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Pre-covid Allure had two different ice shows and two aqua shows.  No reservations possible for the alternate shows and their timing was such that they were half empty.

In October Allure had two sessions of the Aqua show and they were working on a new show.  We happened to go to both and while the theme was the same they were quite different.  

The ice show was offered multiple times and as far as I know was the same.  Their updated version of the Monopoly show was much improved on the original but still recognizable.

That was an updated version of the Monopoly Ice. How bad was it before?

Guests are to choose check in time on the App and recommend checking in close to that time, not exceptionally early.  There has been no priority line.

Why go early and wait?  We typically have a 12:30 check in - no wait and on board in minutes. Cabins open at 1 PM.

Disembarkation takes minutes as CBP uses facial recognition.

Off ship and home in less than 15 minutes - we live in Galveston.

To use your BOGO, dinner reservations must be made the first day on board.

Congratulations on reaching D+