Empty white area on deck 1

Crusin Karen

I was about to edit my post to add about the aft mooring ropes, but chengkp75 beat me to it.

If you google for images of other Vista Class ships, you can find pictures  of the stern area of the ships.  

I used the Zuiderdam.  In the pictures you can see the windows  for the two levels of the aft dining room and under them is an open area where the hawsers are deployed from.

If you are in that aft cabin next to that area, you may hear noise during the mooring process.

If it's anything like the Sunshine/destiny class, the rooms near that area are quite noisy during docking - the thrusters and mooring operations generate a lot of noise and vibration. It doesn't last long, but it is usually early in the morning.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Thank you both!  That is what I was thinking too.  I was going to book deck 2 but deck 3 mdr is above it.....trying to think which is the lesser of 2 evils!!!!!

Having the MDR above you isn’t so bad.  There is carpeting to da pen the sound, and it’s not generally in use during the time people are sleeping.  I have been in cove balconies under the MDR with no noise issues at all.

Edited by nwcruiselover
  • Thanks 1