Liberty of the Seas, UDP Questions

lynnber

So I somehow have my next FOUR short cruises booked on Liberty of the Seas - which I kind of figured was like Freedom, but it doesn't have Playmakers. If I get the UDP, is there anywhere other than Johnny Rockets to have lunch on a three night cruise, where one day you're in Nassau and the next in Coco Cay? Usually do these short cruises on Freedom out of Miami, but I live so much closer to FLL so I'm trying Liberty.

Liberty also has Sabor, the Mexican restaurant which is good.  I think I remember --but am not 100% sure-- that a specialty restaurant may be open on a port day and I think it was when at Coco Cay.

10 hours ago, lynnber said:

So I somehow have my next FOUR short cruises booked on Liberty of the Seas - which I kind of figured was like Freedom, but it doesn't have Playmakers. If I get the UDP, is there anywhere other than Johnny Rockets to have lunch on a three night cruise, where one day you're in Nassau and the next in Coco Cay? Usually do these short cruises on Freedom out of Miami, but I live so much closer to FLL so I'm trying Liberty.

We were on Liberty for B2B right after Thanksgiving. We ate in in the Main dining room 1st 4 nights which I would rate as good to very good. We then bought the UDP package for the last 3 nights.  Other than Chops, which was excellent, we were very disappointed with both the Italian and Mexican restaurant.  Sabor had great guacamole but everthing after that was terrible.  So much so that we complained to the manager and he arranged for us to return to Chops later that night.  So, if we were to sail on Liberty again we would only dine in the MDR and Chops, with perhaps stopping in at Sabor for Margueritas and guacamole as an appetizer.

6 minutes ago, CarolGS said:

We were on Liberty for B2B right after Thanksgiving. We ate in in the Main dining room 1st 4 nights which I would rate as good to very good. We then bought the UDP package for the last 3 nights.  Other than Chops, which was excellent, we were very disappointed with both the Italian and Mexican restaurant.  Sabor had great guacamole but everthing after that was terrible.  So much so that we complained to the manager and he arranged for us to return to Chops later that night.  So, if we were to sail on Liberty again we would only dine in the MDR and Chops, with perhaps stopping in at Sabor for Margueritas and guacamole as an appetizer.

I've eaten in Sabor twice on Liberty.  The guacamole is excellent.  The salsa last time appeared to be freshly minced tomatoes and nothing more, which disappointed me. 

The shrimp soft taco dish was delicious, and that's what I'd order again.

As others have said in other threads, everyone's tastes vary when it comes to food:  vast generalizations such as the one noted above, could inaccurately describe the experience others may have.  It certainly didn't describe mine in Sabor.