back from the worse cruise ever!!!

tjsharktank

I feel sorry for the dolphin!!! Can you imagine the ppor thing with all those humans groping him and no one else to work the shift with!!!:eek:

They were starving, I'm surprised they didn't eat it.

SUSHI!!!!! :eek:

Really you should have been a preacher!!!.. AMEN AMEN AMEN....very well said!

Whoa....as one that works in a highly volatile service industry and handles complaint calls all day this just cracks me up. The second someone has a "fit" they just lose all chances with me to go out of my way. If someone is calm and can explain what they have an issue with I will bend over backwards to do whatever I can to help them.

Having a bad cruise over saved lounge chairs, a spilled drink etc....unbelievable! Life is what you make of it and this OP is doomed to be unhappy for the rest of their life if they do not learn now how to let the little things roll off their back. I know people like this and they sit and wonder why they are so miserable.

I talked to someone today who watched their 6 year old kid get hit by a car....that is something that matters. This stuff ??? Get over yourself...worry about things that matter.

Basically I threw a fit
Somehow, I'm not surprised . . .

Our attitudes have a lot to do with how much we enjoy life. Life is too short to be so miserable.

Regardless of the fact that you didn't like the food, the Victory DOES have multiple dining venues. They may not all be open all hours of the day and night, but they DO have multiple options available for getting food.

Doesn't Carnival have some sort of guarantee? I just wonder why, if everything was so horrible, the OP did not ask to be removed from the ship at the next port. Or, did I miss something somewhere?
Too bad Carnival doesn't have some sort of "reverse guarantee" where Carnival would have the option of throwing people they have no chance in h*ll of pleasing off the ship. ;)

LHP ~ You remind me of my best friend who babysits me when I'm drinking...I call her Mommy-Amanda...LMAO

You nailed it. I am the good ole' best friend that won't let anything happen to those I care about on my watch!!!

Those who know me well, call me "Julia" . They say I remind them of Julia Sugarbaker from Designing Women.

Those who know me well, call me "Julia" . They say I remind them of Julia Sugarbaker from Designing Women.

Is that the one that got fat? :eek: Or the other one?

God! I hate these skinny posts!

I can't get over the detail in the post, Its almost like something went wrong on the 1st day. The person went on "TILT" :mad: and was not able to shake it off for the whole cruise. This ellimanated any chance of something good happening, the person spent their time documenting every situation that they percevied as negative leaving no room for FUN :)

No, I think Julia is the big sister. You're thinking of Delta Burke (Suzanne). ;)

You are correct. I see Delta Burke (Suzanne) in tv movies from time to time, but I don't see Dixie Carter (Julia) around anymore. I think she started doing jazz gigs.

Did you know that in real life, Julia was married to Reese?

My take from the post is that the poster is a SHE, not "he" as refered to by other posters. My guess is that she is young (under 30) and a bit spoiled. Once this old world kicks her in the butt a few times, this will not be the "worst thing" that has happened nor wll she "hate" someone who does not give into her whims.

OTOH, the pursers desk is absolutely no help and needs to work on their customer serivce skills. I've never used them for much, but on the few times I have encountered them, they were unconcerned to the point of rudeness.

LHP.... I really enjoy your posts! I just wanted to assure you that Randi will wait for you as she knows that the other ships are early and Carnival is 9am.

But.....she knows how fast we got off the ship and won't tolerate late stragglers from Carnival from oversleeping. She will break the group into two and send the other ships groups on ahead if need be. She is wonderful!

I have my own solution to the tendering 'problem.' In the tender ports, I always book the ship's excursions. When it's a 'docking' port, THEN I book thru a private tour company. It's worked out well so far & I've done it on more than just 1 or 2 cruises.

Just a thought ;)

Anyone who uses the words "my hatred for this person" to describe a cruise director who did not meet their expectations needs a week at place called Silver Hill...with rubber rooms and nurses carrying trays of meds. get a grip, lol. I agree with others though, I do believe this is an imposter, hee hee. Sometimes it must suck being the number cruise company on the planet... the jealous will resort to sad tactics to make ya look bad.

I just finished your review, I have not read the responses yet,( need to pour a drink & get the popcorn ready first). It really sounds that you are not easy to please! I just only hope that you didn't ruin everyone in your parties vacation!!!

LHP.... I really enjoy your posts! I just wanted to assure you that Randi will wait for you as she knows that the other ships are early and Carnival is 9am.

But.....she knows how fast we got off the ship and won't tolerate late stragglers from Carnival from oversleeping. She will break the group into two and send the other ships groups on ahead if need be. She is wonderful!

Thanks ppp! You can bet our little feet will hit that dock as soon as it is allowed. Both myself and dear ole' hubby are early for everything.

That reminds me, I need to ask you a question. Of the 3 ports, are all tendered or are some docked??

Ok, all kidding aside, I really never had any problems with the Pursers desk. We messed up on one of our excursions and missed the boat (literally) and they were very kind and helpful. We even got a full refund for the excursion, which we didn't expect since WE screwed up. But DH and I didn't go to the desk to blame them for our error. We told them what happened, laughed about it and they were very helpful. I am sure that if we went up there with an attitude, they would have brushed us aside like a pesky fly.

I used to work in a customer service related field and I can't tell you the number of times people whined and complained about something to try get it for nothing. Generally when someone complaines as much as the OP, they are usually trying to get something for free or at the very least playing the sympathy card. My own opinion, based on my own personal experiences of course.

Do unto others as you want them to do unto you.....

Treat others as you want to be treated.....

If you can't say somethin nice, don't say nuthin at all.....

Three great quotes

My take from the post is that the poster is a SHE, not "he" as refered to by other posters. My guess is that she is young (under 30) and a bit spoiled. Once this old world kicks her in the butt a few times, this will not be the "worst thing" that has happened nor wll she "hate" someone who does not give into her whims.

I thought the same thing! (a "she", not a "he"). I think this sounded like female whining ... (sorry to generalize!)

I just read your review of your recent trip. I'm so sorry that you had a bad trip :( !!

But don't give up on cruising. I like Carnival and Holland America. Perhaps Carnival is not the right cruise line for you. I suggest that you check out some of the reviews from the other cruiselines and decide which one fits your idea of a cruise.

Be realist, there is no such thing as a perfect cruise and their are going to be some things that won't go right (esp with fellow cruisers at times).

Give cruising another chance ok??

I guess I expected a negative reaction to my post but if one person... sees it before they go, I'm glad.

I saw it, and think you are an a-hole. Happy...? :rolleyes:

Oh there is so much I could say about your ridiculous post. I will restrict myself to saying only that I really do hope you stand by your statement to never cruise again. I would hate to run into you on a cruise.

No wait, there's more after all... I believe in making the best out of things, and I dislike whiners. Why would you come here with such an unbalanced viewpoint and expect to be taken seriously. All anyone can learn from you is how to complain and be a big baby. You even admitted you had a fit at the pursers office. It's a wonder you weren't put on a raft and left behind. Do they still do that? Hmmm.... too bad if not.

Well we would have had you "drawn and quartered" but Host Randy told us to play nice today...

Did he really say that? Oh well, I didn't hear him....

Cheers, Don (Who is suffering serious internet wihdrawals due to being forbidden from surfing the Net at the office.)

Archived