Celebrity MoveUp

lpmom

3 hours ago, Jezz09 said:

Sorry I thought I was clear from my screenshot that this was labelled as celebrity suite.  It's clearer in this one. 

Also, to be clear, the other suites in this offer have different bullet points, they're not all one blurb been thrown under every option.  See also the blurb under the aqua sky suite, it isn't the same, this stuff isn't included with that room.

Screenshot_20230513-214603.png

Screenshot_20230514-154249.png

Thank you for the clarification.  It is either an error on the website or Celebrity is introducing something new with the Celebrity Suites. 

if you win the bid, you would certainly have a valid point.  
What category do you currently have booked?  Is it an AI or Cruise only booking?

2 hours ago, HWC_Mom said:

From what I read you get these.  I'd you're upgrading from a regular room to the Retreat because it's all inclusive you get the drink package, etc. But I thought there might be something about a top up payment but I might have read that somewhere else pertaining to something all together different. 

So from like a verandah cabin or concierge class up to Retreat you'd get those perks.  From say a celebrity or sky suite to royal suite you wouldn't get the added perks like free laundry service (this is the one I'm looking at doing and this is my understanding)

I am not sure if I fully understand your point.  If you are currently booked with a Cruise Only rate, you will not get the AI perks if you win a move up bid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jagoffee said:

Thank you for the clarification.  It is either an error on the website or Celebrity is introducing something new with the Celebrity Suites. 

What category do you currently have booked?  Is it an AI or Cruise only booking?

I'm currently in a Deluxe Veranda, AI booking.  I have 5 previous cruises with celebrity, never above Concierge class if that makes any difference

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jezz09 said:

I'm currently in a Deluxe Veranda, AI booking.  I have 5 previous cruises with celebrity, never above Concierge class if that makes any difference

Tough decision for sure.  I suggest you start with one of the Sky Suites.  Good luck.

8 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

2 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Tough decision for sure.  I suggest you start with one of the Sky Suites.  Good luck.

I appreciate your engagement on this btw, you clearly have a lot of experience with this process.  It does kinda matter to know whether those things are included or not because it certainly effects how much I'm willing to bid.  On one hand they say this in the place where you bid, and in another area they say that no additional amenities are gained by upgrading.  I don't know.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, madmedic said:

I'm being invited to bid on suites and stateroom categories that are sold out when I do a mock booking. Perhaps that is why my bid didn't go through.

That's possible. How close are you to your cruise? Do you know for sure that your bid was rejected? maybe someone made a higher bid. I guess they also offer them in case there are last minute cancellations or someone moves up to a suite/higher suite from a lower level room. We are also being offered this, when the website shows all suites are sold out.

So I have put in a few offers for the Celebrity Beyond next month. We are on the ship with our young adult kids and a bunch of other friends in other cabins. If we get a suite or edge villa can they come visit us etc? I dont mean them visiting the retreat or the restaurants but coming by for cocktails etc on the veranda

1 hour ago, jpg2esq said:

So I have put in a few offers for the Celebrity Beyond next month. We are on the ship with our young adult kids and a bunch of other friends in other cabins. If we get a suite or edge villa can they come visit us etc? I dont mean them visiting the retreat or the restaurants but coming by for cocktails etc on the veranda

Yes, they can visit you in your suite.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, CruizinFam said:

??? Where/how do I check the status of my bid?

Go to the email X Move Up sent you.  There's a link where you can bring up your bid.  It'll say pending or if you can't open it, then it's locked.  At that point it's either accepted or rejected and they'll send you an email advising your status (could be as close as 2 days before).  If accepted, the $$s will have been immediately taken from your Visa account.  Hope that helps.

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 hour ago, choochella said:

So, I bid on a move up for our upcoming Beyond cruise. I originally booked before X removed the gratuities from the AI package. If I do win my bid, will I lose that perk?

All of the perks and OBC, you had move with you to the new unit.  

2 hours ago, choochella said:

So, I bid on a move up for our upcoming Beyond cruise. I originally booked before X removed the gratuities from the AI package. If I do win my bid, will I lose that perk?

No.  There will be no changes to the AI perks you had with the original booking.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:27 PM, Rtowncruiser said:

If you do a Move Up from a Deluxe Balcony to Concierge, do you get the extra Captains club points also? 

Why would you move from Deluxe Balcony (veranda?) to Concierge?

I am still trying to figure out the real benefits of Concierge over a veranda especially when you have no choice of cabin.

11 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

No.  There will be no changes to the AI perks you had with the original booking.

What if the new cabin has increased gratuities?

Do they charge you the difference?

I know you get to keep what you had but the AI had gratuity at a lower rate?

16 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Yes...they charge the upgraded gratuities to your Visa card at the time of acceptance.

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Yes you pay the gratuity based on the new cabin.  I would imagine that you pay the difference, so $0.50 more pppd if you go up to  concierge or AQ and $5 more pppd for suites.  Even before if you had AI with gratuities, you paid for the package that included the lower gratuities so you still would have been expected to pay the difference.  

• 3 weeks later...

Every question I've seen so far could be answered by reading the FAQ's here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Here's an example:

Why did I or someone I’m traveling with not receive an invite to bid on a stateroom upgrade?

To receive an email invitation to bid on a stateroom upgrade guest must be opted-in to Celebrity Marketing e-mails. To opt-in, to receive emails guests can sign up on our website, opt-in through the online check in process or within My Reservations section of website.

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Every question I've seen so far could be answered by reading the FAQ's here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Here's an example:

Why did I or someone I’m traveling with not receive an invite to bid on a stateroom upgrade?

To receive an email invitation to bid on a stateroom upgrade guest must be opted-in to Celebrity Marketing e-mails. To opt-in, to receive emails guests can sign up on our website, opt-in through the online check in process or within My Reservations section of website.

Best to have accepted Marketing emails but  you don't have to receive an email.....go to the website, log in, select Manage Reservation, scroll down to Move Up. 

I booked the basic Sunset Veranda on Celebrity Solstice for November 28th out of Singapore.  Since we are port intense and have booked excursions that are 10 hours up to 14 hours long we just didn't want to spend alot of money on a stateroom we don't plan on being in most of the time.  I did however do a Bid Up for the Concierge Class Sunset Veranda only for the perks that you get with that because it was all we cared about. I received notice last week that my bid of 300.00 was accepted so no biggie here.  For a 12 night cruise the small amount was worth it.  I was able to adjust my bid each time I went into the site. 

On 10/28/2023 at 1:07 AM, tschwa2 said:

Yes you pay the gratuity based on the new cabin.  I would imagine that you pay the difference, so $0.50 more pppd if you go up to  concierge or AQ and $5 more pppd for suites.  Even before if you had AI with gratuities, you paid for the package that included the lower gratuities so you still would have been expected to pay the difference.  

Worst case scenario, you go to guest services and say I want to remove the extra gratuity. Problem solved. 

Edited by arealcheapskate

• 2 weeks later...

Are the highest bids winning without consideration of what you already paid for your cruise? Would bidding from lower category be more advantageous? I was told this in the early days, and now years have passed, so not sure if it's true.

It is all about maximizing revenue, both with current inventory and in the future. The best way to understand how the system works is to look at how Plusgrade sells their technology to cruise lines: Cruise | Plusgrade

"Our solution analyzes available inventory and your pool of pledged upgrades to recommend the optimal selection of passengers to upgrade."

"Incentivize guests to try a higher cabin at a price they are willing to pay, and then get double the benefit when they rebook at full fare."