NCL no longer giving OBC for price drop?

Vacationlover2

• 3 weeks later...

In january i asked my PCC for FCC as there was a big price drop for my upcoming cruise, she agreed and forward this to her management and said that i would get credit upon returning from the cruise.

I did return last Friday but haven't got any credit FCC yet... i email my PCC and she said that this takes some time.

How long have you guys had to wait before receiving the credit?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Sim1979 said:

In january i asked my PCC for FCC as there was a big price drop for my upcoming cruise, she agreed and forward this to her management and said that i would get credit upon returning from the cruise.

I did return last Friday but haven't got any credit FCC yet... i email my PCC and she said that this takes some time.

Thanks

Did you receive an email regarding the approved FCC before your cruise?   That is the key I believe.   It normally takes about a week from when the request is put in, but you would of received an approval email. 

However, when we were given FCC for our February 2022 cruise, it showed up immediately after our sailing was complete.

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Did you receive an email regarding the approved FCC before your cruise?   That is the key I believe.   It normally takes about a week from when the request is put in, but you would of received an approval email. 

However, when we were given FCC for our February 2022 cruise, it showed up immediately after our sailing was complete.

No email, but my PCC said she forwarded the request...

5 minutes ago, Sim1979 said:

No email, but my PCC said she forwarded the request...

I hope I am wrong, but it seems like the request was not processed or followed up on.      In the past, we have received two FCC on price drops and both took about a week. 

Do you have any email notification from your PCC that she forwarded the request?

3 hours ago, Sim1979 said:

The same happened to me. I never got a confirmation email  - didn't know I should and was actually told I wouldn't.  PCC told me I would get the FCC after the sailing.   I never did, and after arguing my case as high as possible they said it was my fault and I should have known to insist on the confirmation email.

1 hour ago, Boschmann said:

The same happened to me. I never got a confirmation email  - didn't know I should and was actually told I wouldn't.  PCC told me I would get the FCC after the sailing.   I never did, and after arguing my case as high as possible they said it was my fault and I should have known to insist on the confirmation email.

Unfortunately, I think that is what is going to be the outcome for @Sim1979.

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Unfortunately, I think that is what is going to be the outcome for @Sim1979

Yeah might be  😞

But i don't want to put any more pressure on my PCC as i already sent her two request and she responded to both that it was coming... and she is so nice

on the NCL site I am seeing today a $400 drop in our studio price for an April Cruise (paid in full).  I called and the Rep said that she's only seeing a $160 drop in price - I told her I was on NCL website and could send her a screenshot.  She said she has to go by what she see which she said was more up to date!   She said she could submit my request via an email to get a FCC, but she said it would probably only be on the $160 and I couldn't request again if I see another price drop.  I asked for upgrade to interior room because it was a $400 difference today but she said she is only seeing $160 difference she couldn't do it. Anyone else have troubles with what is on website vs what a Rep says??

I've received FCC twice.  Both times, I've called a regular reservations agent and they told me that they would send a request to their "adjustment team" (or something like that).  A few days later, I received an email indicating that FCC would be awarded after the cruise.  I was never able to see anything on NCL.com.  I called a reservations agent after the cruise, confirmed that they could see it and had them apply it to a future cruise.  I once tried submitting a case, but nothing happened.

5 hours ago, Boschmann said:

Our TA once told me not to stress over things like this, but to contact him after the cruise to get things settled.

Don't any of you use travel agents? Remember the travel agent works for you while whatever they call the person at the cruise line works for the cruise line.

28 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Our TA once told me not to stress over things like this, but to contact him after the cruise to get things settled.

So, wait until the cruise is in the books and then expect NCL to award something?  I've never heard of such a thing.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Don't any of you use travel agents? Remember the travel agent works for you while whatever they call the person at the cruise line works for the cruise line.

This issue needs to be settled before the cruise takes place as there would be no current price. 

• Like 1

When I had a price drop I contacted my PCC who submitted the necessary form.  Here's what I received the next day.

************************ SNIP****************************

Subject: RE: (reservation #) Price Drop
To: XXX@gmail.com 

Dear Guest,

Thank you for inquiry. 

In review of current rates for your sailing (reservation #) we have identified a price drop in the amount of $XX.XX

As a one-time good will gesture,  we have created 100% of that amount as future cruise credits for you below:

(Latitude #) - (Name)  - (Amount)

These credits will be available for one year to book and sail, upon completion of your current sailing on Debarkation Day.

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line, we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon! 

*******************SNIP***********************

After my cruise I was never able to see it on my account, but my PCC sent me a screenshot of what he could see.

image.png.72ec86780f5c2569ba49d5e7e0e05828.png

Hope this helps!

servlet.ImageServer?oid=00DE0000000aUlY&esid=0182S00000sbRPs&from=ext

16 minutes ago, skatie said:

I'm still a little unclear if FCC must be used on only new bookings?  I have a $200 price drop on my April Cruise - would I be able to apply it to my already booked September cruise?  Thanks

I have applied FCC from a price drop to future existing bookings several times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skatie said:

I'm still a little unclear if FCC must be used on only new bookings?  I have a $200 price drop on my April Cruise - would I be able to apply it to my already booked September cruise?  Thanks

It can be used for existing bookings.  Once I received my credit I applied it to a cruise I had already booked 10 months out with no problem.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, skatie said:

Anothers have stated, it can be done and we plan on doing it as soon as we get back from our next sailing.  

• 1 year later...

My friend and I received OBC for a price drop for a cruise we took last year and they are about to expire, she's not going to be able to use hers.  If I book a cruise and add her as the 2nd guest to the reservation to use the FCC and she doesn't show up on embark day does anyone know if that is an issue?  

I must be missing something.  If I paid for a cruise, and then 3 months later, the price drops, why would I expect the discount to apply to me?  NCL drops the price to fill unsold cabins at a discount.  I paid what I thought my cruise was worth when I booked it.  I can understand giving price breaks to cruises that are not paid off yet ( once could cancel, then re-book...much more paperwork involved for the agent, so I can see a price match).  It would be like you buy a car, then after you paid it off, the dealer has a clearance sale to sell unused inventory.  Do you go back to the dealer and say " Hey....I paid off my car 4 months ago, now I see you selling the same car for $2,000 less.  I want cash back".  I think the dealer would say, you are out of luck.

I dont think NCL cares of a passenger does not come back because they were not given a price match for a paid off cruise.  They will always have other people to fill the rooms.  Before it was a nice PR stunt, they don't need that now.  Cruises are back to being almost full with good paying customers.  So, IMO, if I see a major price drop on a cruise that I had paid off, I would say to myself " Bummer, I should have waited, but then I would not get the cabin I had selected.  So its a trade off".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

If I paid for a cruise, and then 3 months later, the price drops, why would I expect the discount to apply to me?

Because that is NCL's generous policy?

I dont think NCL cares of a passenger does not come back because they were not given a price match for a paid off cruise.

I believe that you are mistaken.

• Like 1

It would be like you buy a car, then after you paid it off, the dealer has a clearance sale to sell unused inventory.  Do you go back to the dealer and say " Hey....I paid off my car 4 months ago, now I see you selling the same car for $2,000 less.  I want cash back".  I think the dealer would say, you are out of luck.

Bad analogy. In your scenario, you've taken possession of the vehicle.

No one is saying that NCL owes you OBC four months after the cruise.

• Like 2