Best Credit Card for Travel on Regent?

pappy1022

Just to add a personal experience. We were booked and had made final payment on a Crystal cruise that was of coarse cancelled , about $ 40,000. Long story short Chase Sapphire Reserve payed us back in full ! So a vote for CSR.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 9:37 AM, PhD-iva said:

My impression (and please correct me if I am wrong) is that the American Express Platinum shipboard credit only applies to certain cruises that have this promotion, not all cruises. Am I mistaken? I hope so!

It only applies to certain cruise LINES.  The cruise line must be part of the program (most are).  Crystal is not part of the program but may be in negotiations to join it. 

On another note, we recently used Amex platinum international air benefit to book our non stop flight to Japan from the east coast. Price was about $2000 less than the air deviation cost with the air credit.    In addition, we are ticketed and got to pick seats right away.  

On 2/6/2023 at 12:17 PM, melbox4 said:

Do you have to book through AMEX travel for this benefit?

No, but then you have to book with a TA who is participating in the Amex program.  Both my current and previous TAs could provide this benefit, although I did not actually use it with my previous TA.  I don't think you get it if you book directly with the cruise line.  So ask your TA if they can get you the benefit without you booking through Amex travel.

• Like 1

AmEx centurion give $500 OBC and wine tasting.  On Silverses they give a bottle of Dom instead of the wine tasting.  You get double amex membership points on cruise bookings. On a 25K cruise that is worth 50K points ($500) value or more depending on how you use the points.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 3:15 AM, SusieQft said:

No, but then you have to book with a TA who is participating in the Amex program.  Both my current and previous TAs could provide this benefit, although I did not actually use it with my previous TA.  I don't think you get it if you book directly with the cruise line.  So ask your TA if they can get you the benefit without you booking through Amex travel.

Thank you 🙏

5 hours ago, puppyluv1 said:

Does anyone know if Chase Sapphire Preferred provides the same travel insurance benefit that Chase Sapphire Reserve provides?

I’m not sure. Here are links to the benefit guides for both cards so you can compare their benefits:

Sapphire Reserve benefits

Sapphire Preferred benefits

Dave

• Like 1