Mera YC: Deck 14 Cabins

BoundForSea

For anyone who has stayed on deck 14 on Mera in the YC, were you ok with it? I’ve only stayed on 16 and they’re all booked on 15-18, did a last minute buy and 14 is all that’s available. Can you access the YC by private elevator in YC or the staircase or do both of them end on 15? Is 14 not behind card access doors like 15-18? 

Thanks all

Edited by BoundForSea

I did Meraviglia deck 14 YC.  There is a central staircase but the YC elevator is easiest for getting to the upper levels, usually it was easy to get an elevator.  The only downsides I noticed were a high level of officer/crew traffic on 14 through the YC and often they left the card acess  door open between the YC stairwell area and the general public elevator area.   It didn't cause any problems on my sailing.  The second problem was when in the lounge or restaurant there's only one public restroom, other than the pool deck, by the concierge on 16,  one single unisex commode that was  always in poor condition.

Edited by Até

36 minutes ago, Até said:

I did Meraviglia deck 14 YC.  There is a central staircase but the YC elevator is easiest for getting to the upper levels, usually it was easy to get an elevator.  The only downsides I noticed were a high level of officer/crew traffic on 14 through the YC and often they left the card acess  door open between the YC stairwell area and the general public elevator area.   It didn't cause any problems on my sailing.  The second problem was when in the lounge or restaurant there's only one public restroom, other than the pool deck, by the concierge on 16,  one single unisex commode that was  always in poor condition.

Thanks. So it sounds like the YC Elevator comes down to 14 so that’s a good thing. I just didn’t want to go out to the main elevators to get back up to the other YC floors and then back in again. Its hard to tell by the deck plans. 

Thanks!!

On 1/7/2023 at 11:14 PM, BoundForSea said:

Thanks. So it sounds like the YC Elevator comes down to 14 so that’s a good thing. I just didn’t want to go out to the main elevators to get back up to the other YC floors and then back in again. Its hard to tell by the deck plans. 

Thanks!!

we did deck 14 in November.  The internal YC elevators go from 14-19.  

On 1/7/2023 at 10:35 PM, Até said:

Are you sure of this?  One of the reasons we like cruising is that the restroom is never far away.  I'm considering the YC...but this could be a deal breaker.  I cannot imagine a restaurant without a conveniently located toilet!

In YC on Meraviglia, your stateroom is never far away, often easier to go there than public bathroom. Probably deck 14 would be the worse for this as restaurant on deck 18 and topsail bar on deck 16 (there's no deck 17 as that's considered unlucky in italy). 

Edited by defbref

2 hours ago, defbref said:

In YC on Meraviglia, your stateroom is never far away, often easier to go there than public bathroom. Probably deck 14 would be the worse for this as restaurant on deck 18 and topsail bar on deck 16 (there's no deck 17 as that's considered unlucky in italy). 

Thanks....I'm looking at Deck 16, so there shouldn't be a problem.