Being charged for complimentary speciality dining

kokopelli-az

For our cruise in April on the Caribbean Princess, we are in a suite and I am trying to book the complimentary speciality dining on embarkation day in the Crown Grill.   I have tried booking using the app and also on the Princess website and on both the order summary says cover charge (adult) x2 = $78 and then dining credit of $39.00, with a balance owing of $39.00.  

I also tried booking Sabitinis and it was the same thing (except it showed a balance owing of $35).  

The perk is:  Complimentary Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation evening

What am I doing wrong that it is not showing the entire meal (for 2) as complimentary?

001 x.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

When I have complimentary dinning, The only way to beat around not paying up front is to simply wait to book your reservations once you get onboard.

Booked complimentary speciality dining *2 back in Sept 22 for Jun 23 sailing.  No charge.

We are in a suite in April on the Discovery Princess and I was able to book the complimentary dinner in Crown Grill back in November. A few weeks ago I went back to book a paid dinner at Sabatini's and the app would not work correctly when I was going in on my Ipad and my log in. We have our onboard credit account set up with my husband as primary user and he as his own log in. When we went on his IPad and logged in it worked fine. Don't know if it will work for you but maybe worth a try. 

• Like 1

It could be a system glitch.  Last year I was able to book via the app; for my upcoming cruises I can't. It wants to charge my card on file. I'll keep trying and if it does not work, I will book when I get on board.

I had the same problem on Crown Princess.  During a “chat” on the website I was told that this is a sometimes systems problem and the easiest resolution was to go to guest services when onboard and they would cancel the charge.  I did so and the guest services guy was familiar with the problem and handled it quickly.