Has anyone stayed in cabin #1877 on R class ships?

The two links posted above show a generic picture of a large inside on an R-class ship. It's a generous size cabin, about 186 sq. ft. However, the sideways placement of cabin J-1877 indicates to me that the cabin is somewhat different than the generic large inside. 

I don't know this cabin, but know it could be similar to J-2619, which I am very familiar with. If it is similar to 2619, then the cabin is large, arranged differently than other J-category cabins, and quite desirable. 

Take a look, too, at the fact that it is over a crew area. I have no idea what goes on one deck down, so don't know if there is any noise source. 

• Thanks 1

halfacts has photos of a cabin 1841 that looks less desirable than the typical layout.  Closets are at the foot of the bed and the cabin looks to be more crowded than usual, so not all sideways cabins are created equal.  I've scoured the internet and can't find any photos for 1877.  Usually the deck plans seem to be pretty accurate when looking for a larger cabin.  We're still looking for a solution after loosing our original cabin #2619.

27 minutes ago, woodinville cruisers said:

halfacts has photos of a cabin 1841 that looks less desirable than the typical layout.  We're still looking for a solution after loosing our original cabin #2619.

Looking closely at the deckplans, and the HALFacts pictures of 1841, compared to 2619, I see one difference that matters: in 2619, the bathroom juts out into the short crew passageway next door. In 1841 the bathroom is incorporated into the cabin itself. 
The deckplan has 1877 without the extra space for the bathroom. I will bet that 1841 and 1877 are identical, with both very different from 2619. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2023 at 5:52 AM, carnivaljunkie said:

Sorry, I am mixing up my cruises.  We will be in 1877 on Volendam in January 2024. Probably not a help for you.

Did you take this cruise and stay in 1877? Did you by chance get any photos? Thanks. 

I stayed in that cabin on the Zaandam and I am the one who took those pictures from our August 2023 cruise. Would not hesitate to stay in that room again. Very spacious.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cwd79 said:

I stayed in that cabin on the Zaandam and I am the one who took those pictures from our August 2023 cruise. Would not hesitate to stay in that room again. Very spacious.

Thank you! I've had my eye on it for a few weeks but haven't been able to wrangle all our friends yet into pulling the plug to sail 😄