Permanent Eyeliner

It's probably some kind of tattoo.  Anyone who has experienced, or known someone who has any eye problems, will tell you flat out:  DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.  If you don't know any better, it's easy to ignore the potential harm.  I have a serious, un-named eye disease and lost central vision in my right eye 20 years ago.  I have awakened every morning for 35 years grateful that I can still see.  It takes approximately 1.5 minutes to apply eye makeup.  So 'permanent eye liner' is a no-brainer.  I see these 'caterpillar false eyelashes' popular these days and know that at least 2 in 10 women will develop an eye infection.  Plus, they look ridiculous.  Your vision is about the most important thing you have, once it's gone, it's never coming back.  Losing vision has a huge impact on your life ... don't take chances with your eyes.

Edited by jsn55
clarity
  • Like 7

I have a friend whose business includes permanent makeup.  It is a tattoo but am told it does fade after a few years - not completely though.   She has offered many times but I am far too squeamish to do something permanent. 

Yup - tattoo. Same as permanent eyebrows. I'm more familiar with eyebrows as I know two women who had them done. As they aged and their face changed, the eyebrows stayed where they were and they had a permanent surprised expression. I guess the main downside to eyeliner would be, what if you get sick of black eyeliner, or it looks harsh as your skin ages and colour fades? 

I have some Dior liquid eyeliner that can stay on for days, if you're looking for an alternative. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 3:28 PM, mrgabriel said:

Yup - tattoo. Same as permanent eyebrows. I'm more familiar with eyebrows as I know two women who had them done. As they aged and their face changed, the eyebrows stayed where they were and they had a permanent surprised expression. I guess the main downside to eyeliner would be, what if you get sick of black eyeliner, or it looks harsh as your skin ages and colour fades? 

I have some Dior liquid eyeliner that can stay on for days, if you're looking for an alternative. 

Ok,I need to know more about this Dior eyeliner with miraculous lasting abilities! Would you kindly share the name of the product (extra points for a picture!). 

On 1/16/2023 at 11:55 AM, LindaD22 said:

Ok,I need to know more about this Dior eyeliner with miraculous lasting abilities! Would you kindly share the name of the product (extra points for a picture!). 

It's Dior On Stage Liner. It has a felt tip that gives a nice, sharp line. Easy to use ... can really get a good cat eye look 😸 or get right into the lash line. 

Dior On Stage Liner

• Like 1