Upgrade Bid Pending

mertziek

1 hour ago, mertziek said:

No.  Trying to wait patiently but according to BirdTravels may be a day or 2 before we know.  🙄🤞🤪

Also I bet if you go to your email that has your bids and follow the link to modify/ cancel it will let you adjust your bids it only doesn’t let you adjust when in processing status.  How does inventory look on your sailing, have you been monitoring it to see how full sailing is?

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Also I bet if you go to your email that has your bids and follow the link to modify/ cancel it will let you adjust your bids it only doesn’t let you adjust when in processing status.  How does inventory look on your sailing, have you been monitoring it to see how full sailing is?

Did that and I click on Modify/Cancel link and I see my bid with the same message “Pending” so I can’t increase, decrease or even cancel my bid right now.  It appears we are locked in now to whatever the upgrade fairy decides.  🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m not sure how our ship inventory looks so not sure how full the ship will be.  It’s fun dreaming that we might get the upgrade though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mertziek said:

Did that and I click on Modify/Cancel link and I see my bid with the same message “Pending” so I can’t increase, decrease or even cancel my bid right now.  It appears we are locked in now to whatever the upgrade fairy decides.  🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m not sure how our ship inventory looks so not sure how full the ship will be.  It’s fun dreaming that we might get the upgrade though.

If you are using your email it has to go to the modify cancel page maybe you are using the let’s get you upgraded banner which sometimes can become degraded.  Oh well good luck I always monitor inventory closely because that’s what I base and usually win my bids each sailing is so different based on inventory.

8 hours ago, tsahall01 said:

That usually means that you got an upgrade!!  You should be getting an email soon with the information.  You can also check your cruise summary to see if they assigned you a new cabin

I haven’t had this experience…we cruised in November and it stayed pending up until the day before, when we got the email saying we didn’t get the bid. I leave on Wednesday and it still says pending for that trip…and so does my 2024 summer cruise. When we got an epic upgrade last year (inside to club balcony!) it had said lending until I received the email with the room change. Just my two cents, because I don’t want the OP to get thru hopes up.

10 hours ago, mertziek said:

I have an upgrade bid in and leave for our cruise on Saturday.  I checked my bid and it says “Pending” with no ability to modify/cancel the bid.  What does it mean?

Have you tried using the chat feature and if so, what did they say?

Tom🤔

Here's my take to help put some insights into the questions & inject into the discussions, FWIW - 

Look for this bold email message header from NCL - this one was awarded 43 days from sailing date -

You've Been Awarded An Upgrade Advantage!

If your bid(s) status said "pending" - it is just that, pending and nothing more.  Only time and this will change again in a matter of hours, usually, if you are clicking the refresh key every 2 hours - is , one of the bid changed to "processing" and that's likely being accepted, that you've won or been "awarded" a new stateroom for that winning bid - credit card is being charged.  Once that is completed successfully, the new stateroom # will be shown in your Reservation and an email should be on its way.

Status then changed for all other non-winning bids to "expired" and the bid that "won" is then "upgraded" and consider completed.  

As far as timeline, I can vouch that 3 of the recent winning bids were "upgraded" further out from the embarkation date, at 3 to 4 weeks and 5 to 6 weeks, moving from lower categories to balconies - 2 different ships and 3 different reservations.  Timing seemed to vary but happening much sooner than expected ... ships sailing out of NYC are almost at full double occupancies lately - with Haven & Spa Balcony sold out weeks earlier.  Insides & Studios (where available at all) remaining in limited #'s days before and not deeply discounted.  

NCL Upgrade Advantage status summary.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruiseandgamble said:

Nor can I, hence my question 🙂

Sorry about that, I jist double checked and my summer bid isn’t in there yet. I did just get emailed tonight that we did not get our bid for cruise leaving Wednesday…we bid $205 per person for balcony from oceanview PW, but I think the cruise is likely to be pretty full. 

No email today either so thinking we are not getting the upgrade.  But we are ok with the cabin we booked and looking forward to our cruise on Saturday.  I’ll come back if/when I hear either way.  Thanks to all for your input.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mertziek said:

No email today either so thinking we are not getting the upgrade.  But we are ok with the cabin we booked and looking forward to our cruise on Saturday.  I’ll come back if/when I hear either way.  Thanks to all for your input.

Although asked and answered before I think, does NCL fill every cabin upgrade or not or do they take care of any upgrades on the ship on day of embarkation? It seems like they would continue granting upgrades if the price was right. 

51 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Although asked and answered before I think, does NCL fill every cabin upgrade or not or do they take care of any upgrades on the ship on day of embarkation? It seems like they would continue granting upgrades if the price was right. 

On our Alaskan cruise this past August they were still awarding upgrades on the day of the cruise.  we did not get an upgrade and we didn't get the notice that we were unsuccessful until we got back.

34 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

On our Alaskan cruise this past August they were still awarding upgrades on the day of the cruise.  we did not get an upgrade and we didn't get the notice that we were unsuccessful until we got back.

Yeah... that is something relatively new. With all of the last minute COIVD cancellations, they are allowing the ship to do the final upgrades.... and usually only to fill the suites.

Prior to this, they closed the upgrades a couple of day prior to departure when all of the pre-cruise information is transferred to the ship and it is under ship control. Today, that's when you get the email "We are reviewing your upgrade request". In the past that used to be "Unable to confirm an upgrade". And essentially means you bid was rejected. 

People get all excited about the "We are reviewing your upgrade request" email,,,, but it really means your bid was rejected,,, stay in your originally assigned cabin,,,, have a nice day. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I am leaving 11 days from now on the Joy and I have upgrade bids on 5 different cabin types. Yesterday I received e-mails on 3 of them that told me I was out bid and to raise my bid to better my chances. These e-mails came from Norwegian Upgrade Advantage. When I clicked on the links provided it brought me to a live auction page that allowed me to "raise my bid and showed how many bidders there were on each cabin type. All of my original bids were in the low fair category. I am already in the Haven all bids were for a higher tier Haven cabin. I raised my bid by only a few dollars and immediately received a notice for all three that I was still outbid. At this point I will keep my original cabin I will not raise my bid. FYI the notice did not say I will not get an upgrade but to "better my chances" I should bid higher. I anticipate no upgrade and all of my bids are currently marked pending.

Typing this made me curious I just checked and the link is still active here is what it says - I am not interested in a real time auction:

Real Time Bidding has been opened for this upgrade type! For a limited time, this special feature will allow guests to be notified of whether they are currently one of the highest bids on select upgrade types and notify them when they have been outbid.

3OfDiamonds go to your cruise page open up the upgrade page then click on review your bid that should show you what level your bid is at - there is a meter to the right of your bid that is color coded etc. Or you could also click on modify your bid and that should bring you to a page with the same meter

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Beamco said:

3OfDiamonds go to your cruise page open up the upgrade page then click on review your bid that should show you what level your bid is at - there is a meter to the right of your bid that is color coded etc. Or you could also click on modify your bid and that should bring you to a page with the same meter

In order to see this i have to use a PC as my phone doesn't show me. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2023 at 8:43 AM, mertziek said:

I have an upgrade bid in and leave for our cruise on Saturday.  I checked my bid and it says “Pending” with no ability to modify/cancel the bid.  What does it mean?

Edited by CruisinCoyote