Cherbourg options

ILoveScotland

Anyone have suggestions for tours out of Cherbourg when in port?  Have been to Normandy Beaches and St. Michel so want something specific to Cherbourg and surrounding area.  Royal Caribbean (will be on Jewel OTS) has some options, but I'm sure there are private companies that might offer something more appealing.  Thanks

33 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I know that the port is not on the Mediterranean, but French ports are generally covered there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/462-france-ports/

I think that CC geography oddity should be addressed - the English Channel ports should not be included in the Mediterranean section - the whole Iberian peninsula is in between the Med and the ports in Brittany & Normandy. 

On 1/9/2023 at 1:31 PM, TheOldBear said:

I think that CC geography oddity should be addressed - the English Channel ports should not be included in the Mediterranean section - the whole Iberian peninsula is in between the Med and the ports in Brittany & Normandy. 

On 1/9/2023 at 12:55 PM, gnome12 said:

I know that the port is not on the Mediterranean, but French ports are generally covered there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/462-france-ports/

I also posted my question on the "French" ports category as well for the reason that Cherbourg is French.

On 1/9/2023 at 1:31 PM, TheOldBear said:

Unfortunately, there are other CC geography oddities as well.  For instance, some years ago, before our first Panama Canal transit, I was looking for information here on CC about Puntarenas, Costa Rica.  Could not find any until I stumbled upon a post mentioning that Costa Rica is found in the Caribbean ports of call forum, even though it has a long Pacific Coast, including the popular cruise stop of Puntarenas on that coast.

And someone looking for information on Madeira, which of course is in the Atlantic Ocean, won't find it unless looking in the "Other Mediterranean Ports" subforum, where I can't imagine folks would think to look.   Lisbon is in that subforum too, despite not being a Med port.   🙃

St Vaast la hougue and Barfleur are two very pretty ports, fishing villages, only about 20 miles from Cherbourg. and the drive over via the coast road is pleasant. Maybe use a taxi or local tour company to get you there for the day?

Tourist info in Cherbourg should be able to advise

https://en.normandie-tourisme.fr/unmissable-sites/cherbourg-en-cotentin/