Shore excursion return time?

Korimako

21 hours ago, upwarduk said:

At least you know that the ship will wait for a Celebrity excursion to return.

Please note that this is not what X guarantees. True it may wait for a period which will be determined by the Captain taking into account costs, schedules etc. What X actually guarantees is that if the ship sails without you X will get you to the next port at it's expense. Most good private excursion providers (for example Toursbylocals) will also pay to get you to the next port if they don't get you back in time.

• Like 1

Personally, I avoid the long lines and last-minute rush to be on board in the 30 minute window.  Thus, I aim to board the ship at least 90-120 minutes early to avoid long lines, clean up and enjoy watching the pier runners who rush at the last minute.   Their stress is not my stress, lol! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

Personally, I avoid the long lines and last-minute rush to be on board in the 30 minute window.  Thus, I aim to board the ship at least 90-120 minutes early to avoid long lines, clean up and enjoy watching the pier runners who rush at the last minute.   Their stress is not my stress, lol! 

Which is one reason we book private tours so we can leave the ship without waiting, be back before the busses and still see what we want.

• Like 1

Eclipse is docked in Lyttelton NZ 08.00 to 20.00 on Tuesday 21 February. The shore excursions list/pricings don't show excursions to Akaroa, but in the blurb about the cruise on Celebrity's website,  it mentions visiting the Banks Peninsula (i.e.Akaroa). How can I find out if there is an excursion to Akaroa or not? Anyone booked on this cruise with more information???