How do I get a booking attached to my hal.com account?

lissie

I'm new to HAL but not to the world of online accounts. I setup an account on HAL.com and they gave me a mariner number. I have an existing booking which I can login to and buy shorex and book restaurants for - but every time I have to enter the booking ref (on the website).  On the app (on iOS) I can't even do that - it doesn't recognize my booking ref and says call a USA number.  

I could go to the trouble of finding which timezone that number and workong out what hours they operate and finding some credit on my Skype and calling them - but surely there is a better way - an email would work for me? Can't find one anywhere. I'm guessing they dont' do anything as modern as WhatsApp? 

3 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Lis, why don't you try the very nice and helpful people in HAL's Sydney office

1300-987-322
Monday - Friday 8:30am to 7:00pm
Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm

Thanks  its still a phone number though - and I can't call a 1300 number from overseas I'm pretty sure  - this really does just need an email address so they can fix it LOL 

Edited by lissie

2 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Same here.  As long as I can buy shore excursions, dinner reservations and check in I really do not care.

I actually thought the app looked cool because it looks like you can text  your partner on board when you've lost him!  And its nice to keep track of my on board spending. And it would be nice to see that they have the right about OBC loaded as you never get an acknowledgement with shareholder credit. 

2 minutes ago, lissie said:

Thanks  its still a phone number though - this really does just need an email address so they can fix it LOL 

But at least it's a lot closer to your time-zone and they may be able to fix it over the phone ... (or at least give you an email address)

7 minutes ago, boeckli said:

But at least it's a lot closer to your time-zone and they may be able to fix it over the phone ... (or at least give you an email address)

True - you don't happen to have their actual Sydney number htough ie starts with 02 (from  memory)  - the  free call numbers  don't work 

15 minutes ago, lissie said:

True - you don't happen to have their actual Sydney number htough ie starts with 02 (from  memory)  - the  free call numbers  don't work 

I am still on hold to get an actual phone number but I have found this email address on the CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) website:

salessupport@hollandamerica.com.au

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, lissie said:

Lissie, use this free call number. I always book direct with the Sydney office from NZ and find them excellent to deal with. (They are two hours behind us.)

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, lissie said:

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, colbe said:

That's the same number as my earlier post (#2).

Lis, I gave up after 20 mins on hold, let me know if you can't get through on the 1300 one and I will try again later or tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Lis, I gave up after 20 mins on hold, let me know if you can't get through on the 1300 one and I will try again later or tomorrow.

I was letting Lissie know to put the 0061 at the front of the number so that it works from NZ.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Thanks for your efforts - I'll give them a go early  morning their time.