Port Canaveral - Cruise Term #5

7 hours ago, baldilocks said:

How far and difficult is it to walk from the CT #5 parking garage or open parking to the actual cruise terminal?

That probably depends on where exactly you park but similar to most other ports. You can see some details via your favorite mapping site/app.

Edited by Biker19

7 hours ago, baldilocks said:

Question....How far and difficult is it to walk from the CT #5 parking garage or open parking to the actual cruise terminal? I ask since I have some knee issues. Thank you!

We just cruised on Jewel out of T5 in Nov.  Now, we had to park outside the garage as it was full, but I have knee issues and had no problem walking.  From the time I left our car until we boarded the ship, I never sat down.  But, I do better when I'm moving than when I stand still so your experience might be different than mine.  The garage is attached to the terminal.  Someone can correct me, but I think level 2 of the parking garage is the same level as the entrance to the terminal so no stairs or elevator to worry about.   I did have to walk up a ramp from the lot.

Edited by BND

It may be best to be dropped off with the luggage, and picked up.  Assuming you can stand for about 15 minutes.  The walk isn't more than that.  Walking WITH the luggage to and fro is what may be your biggest challenge. Hard to say.  Plus the garage fills up, unless you arrive early, than have to stand in line until about 11am. Last I saw there was no valet parking, but it's been a year since I cruised from there. 

On 1/10/2023 at 8:04 AM, BND said:

We just cruised on Jewel out of T5 in Nov.  Now, we had to park outside the garage as it was full, but I have knee issues and had no problem walking.  From the time I left our car until we boarded the ship, I never sat down.  But, I do better when I'm moving than when I stand still so your experience might be different than mine.  The garage is attached to the terminal.  Someone can correct me, but I think level 2 of the parking garage is the same level as the entrance to the terminal so no stairs or elevator to worry about.   I did have to walk up a ramp from the lot.

They have an elevator up to level 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They have an elevator up to level 2

What I was saying the actual entrance to the terminal is on level 2 and because we were parked at ground level we walked up a ramp to get there.  We never went in the garage itself, but I know there's an elevator.

On 1/10/2023 at 12:18 AM, baldilocks said:

Question....How far and difficult is it to walk from the CT #5 parking garage or open parking to the actual cruise terminal? I ask since I have some knee issues. Thank you!

I have knee issues and it took me about 7 -8 minutes to walk from the terminal to my vehicle.  I was on level 2 and used the ramp when I exited.  It wasn't a bad walk.

1 hour ago, BND said:

What I was saying the actual entrance to the terminal is on level 2 and because we were parked at ground level we walked up a ramp to get there.  We never went in the garage itself, but I know there's an elevator.

Just trying to help. It's what I do.😁

I know exactly what you said😉

And to anyone else, the elevator is in the SE corner of the garage. Before you get to the ramp. Actually near the luggage drop off

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We did a NYE cruise on Jewel and departed at T5 and returned to T6. The garage was full so we had to park next to the terminal in an open lot and it was easy to walk on and returning was a quick walk back to the car.

Departure was much easier than arrival. I don't think staff knew what to do. I know we were confused 🤣

Port Canaveral Parking $102.00

TERMINAL #5 ⚠️ Pay when you leave

PARK ON LEVEL 2 Walkway over to Terminal building 

9050 Discovery Place, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

$17 per day  Pay when leave (No Pre-Pay) $102.00 for 5 night

• No cash accepted
  • Major credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard)
  • E-Pass  (Cruise Terminal 3 only)

Just some other random useful T5 information I kept in my notes for future T5 departures.

We parked on level 2 and used the walkway straight into the terminal

A friend also let us know to use East elevators 😉

And here is T5 Parking viewed from ship

62E8055F-4545-4BC5-8D51-C1CC55448AA2.jpeg

F81A72B0-19A3-466D-AF30-CD64720A09AC.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Departure was much easier than arrival. I don't think staff knew what to do. I know we were confused 🤣

I agree. We were lucky to have gotten there very early and it was crazy, no one seemed to know what was going on.  We parked right next to the garage.  Our friends that came later were stuck in traffic for hours they said. Getting off, we were in our car in only a few minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I agree. We were lucky to have gotten there very early and it was crazy, no one seemed to know what was going on.  We parked right next to the garage.  Our friends that came later were stuck in traffic for hours they said. Getting off, we were in our car in only a few minutes.

Must have been near us. We were on the end next to T5 garage. In an unmarked space no less🤣🤣

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Must have been near us. We were on the end next to T5 garage. In an unmarked space no less🤣🤣

Us too. A very small lot. Paid in another place and handed the attendant out paid receipt

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bunzini said:

I'm confused.  I have cruise terminal 1 as the address of 9050 Discovery Road.  Cruise terminal 5 is NCL.  ??

Royal Caribbean use T5, hence the photos from T5 on a Royal Caribbean thread about Port Canaveral T5

9245 Charles M Rowland Dr, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

is for T5

You are correct, the address you have is for T1

My notes from one sailing at T1 to T5 both on Royal was a bulk copy paste 

My bad 😥 

CE086D57-14B2-4F4D-BBB5-7597BB7359AA.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor

22 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Port Canaveral Parking $102.00

TERMINAL #5 ⚠️ Pay when you leave

PARK ON LEVEL 2 Walkway over to Terminal building 

9050 Discovery Place, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

$17 per day  Pay when leave (No Pre-Pay) $102.00 for 5 night

• No cash accepted
  • Major credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard)
  • E-Pass  (Cruise Terminal 3 only)

Just some other random useful T5 information I kept in my notes for future T5 departures.

We parked on level 2 and used the walkway straight into the terminal

A friend also let us know to use East elevators 😉

And here is T5 Parking viewed from ship

62E8055F-4545-4BC5-8D51-C1CC55448AA2.jpeg

F81A72B0-19A3-466D-AF30-CD64720A09AC.jpeg

In the second photo where the cars are parked perpendicular to the fence (outside it) on the black area where the hatchmarks are next to the light pole is where we parked in Nov because not only was the garage full, the parking area inside that fence line filled up just as we got there.  We were there for a b2b and made sure our car was still there on turnaround day.  If you walk through the corner of the garage towards those blue beams, that's where the ramp you can walk up is located.  So, we walked under the corner of the garage next to the stairs and to the ramp.   And, they were collecting money as we arrived for the overflow.  The guy swore our car would not be towed as we weren't in a real parking area and he was right.  It was still there 13 days later.

Edited by BND

9 hours ago, bunzini said:

I'm confused.  I have cruise terminal 1 as the address of 9050 Discovery Road.  Cruise terminal 5 is NCL.  ??

You can see the schedule here.  There are some changes from last year, but T5 is not exclusive to one cruise line.  

https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Jan-May-2023.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

Edited by BND
  • Like 1