Coral Princess Bayou Restaurant

fstrat

I noticed back in September when I cruised on the Coral, the Bayou did not offer any sauce (gravy) with their steaks like they do in the Crown Grill on the other ships. Does anyone know if that has changed?

14 hours ago, fstrat said:

I noticed back in September when I cruised on the Coral, the Bayou did not offer any sauce (gravy) with their steaks like they do in the Crown Grill on the other ships. Does anyone know if that has changed?

I did get gravy with my steak for at least one of my sittings in Bayou. I can't recall if the waiter asked or if I requested it. The fancy salts weren't on the menu either. I didn't get any in August, but don't know if it was available if I asked. I did have the salts on the plate when we were back aboard in October.

For most things on Princess, ask and you will normally receive.

I've had steak in the Crown Grill on both Emerald and Majestic and Sterling on the Diamond. All pre-covid. Maybe the waiter did just offer it. I'm on the Coral in Feb. I'll just have to ask I think.

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I checked all the Princess steakhouse menus online - Crown Grill, Sterling Steakhouse and Bayou Cafe - and none of them mention sauces on the current menus. I can't recall if they did in the past though. 

The only hint on the menu sits with the Surf & Turf. I usually have relied on the waiter asking me, as I would often forget until it hits the table. It is usually a choice of peppercorn, jus (demi glaze), bearnaise.

Princess' own Crown Grill picture shows a juicy T-bone with peppercorn gravy/sauce

1 minute ago, fstrat said:

Although funnily enough on the Princess website, the picture for the Crown Grill under Specialty Restaurants has a steak covered in what looks like a peppercorn sauce. Go figure

SNAP 😂

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

I did get gravy with my steak for at least one of my sittings in Bayou. I can't recall if the waiter asked or if I requested it. The fancy salts weren't on the menu either. I didn't get any in August, but don't know if it was available if I asked. I did have the salts on the plate when we were back aboard in October.

For most things on Princess, ask and you will normally receive.

This is what you want, lubbly jubbly steak with lubbly jubbly pepper corn sauce. Ask and ye shall receive on Princess.

712576529_donegans2.thumb.jpg.3bf8f6518fce7a762e4bc0eb52d06ec2.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fstrat said:

Well now I know I can have sauce with my steak in the Bayou, Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'm thinking now that the Coral is my favorite ship🙂

She is a great ship, been on her 3 times, Alaska, Panama Canal and domestic one in September.