My Time Dining - Radiance

R & T

Has any one been on Radiance recently and had MTD?  Were you able to choose a set time ?  How long did you wait for a table ?  And, were they seating  people together at large tables ?  Thanks for any information.

Radiance is currently sailing out of San Juan, so expect larger groups of passengers at dinner and them doing later dining.  We have been on over 15 cruises in last year and never had a problem getting a table for 2 for the entire cruise by going early.  Have had to wait 20 minutes if our table was already in use by fixed seating.  Three different Royal ships, not Radiance specifically.  You can always ask to sit by yourselves and this is kind of the default these days. 

14 hours ago, LeeW said:

Radiance is currently sailing out of San Juan, so expect larger groups of passengers at dinner and them doing later dining.  We have been on over 15 cruises in last year and never had a problem getting a table for 2 for the entire cruise by going early.  Have had to wait 20 minutes if our table was already in use by fixed seating.  Three different Royal ships, not Radiance specifically.  You can always ask to sit by yourselves and this is kind of the default these days. 

I am on the Radiance currently on a B3B.  We are starting our 2nd leg and we start out of New Orleans.  We are not on MTD, but it does start at 6:45 and the lines are out into the Centrum area each night.

We did the Radiance in December and we had first dining on deck 4. The my time folks starting to line up at 645 to enter and the first night was a zoo of waiting, but after that it seemed to go smoothly without much of a wait. I do not know about the deck 3 dining room so can't speak on any issues they might have had. The my time dining didn't specify what time you could book for, but that it started at 645pm. 

Yup - Radiance is NO and Galveston.  Was thinking of Voyager since our last cruise was on Radiance and next Voyager.  We've had reservations as early as 6:15 but last year most MTD has been opening at 6:45 as early dining leaves.

MTD seems to be popular and it may "sell out" online early.  We are very early diners and have been tables for two people after 2/2020.  What I have observed is that a line forms the first night to fine tune or obtain reservations.  Or try to swap fixed to MTD.  After that you can go right to your table. 

The 645 PM  start time vs say 530 is a poor policy- it seems semi fleetwide.  Big tables are a thing if you want one.   I do think fixed and MTD hosts "control" tables and do not regularly seat diners in the other department.  But that is my opinion only and did not actually ask.  

Edited by AtSeaAlways

We were on Radiance last week. Originally had set dining time on 5, but when we boarded, we saw it was with a large group. Went down to 4 and asked to be placed at table for 2. They added us to a list for 815pm. We never had to wait long at all. Noticed they asked each group of people in line if they minded sharing a table and were seated pretty quickly. 

2 hours ago, vickic233 said:

We were on Radiance last week. Originally had set dining time on 5, but when we boarded, we saw it was with a large group. Went down to 4 and asked to be placed at table for 2. They added us to a list for 815pm. We never had to wait long at all. Noticed they asked each group of people in line if they minded sharing a table and were seated pretty quickly. 

Thank you very much.  Just what I wanted to know.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mafig said:

What time was early Traditional?

It depends 🙂 There were three places to learn about dining hours aboard.  The APP, the paper program and the locally printed sign outside the dining room.  More than once the Windjammer opening hours were off on one of the sources.  I mentioned this to the F&B Director, who had heard reports of this and went to investigate.  5:30 PM for fixed dining on my paper program. 

Edited by AtSeaAlways
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Radiance last week also.  We had MTD at 6:45pm every night.   The line was long each night.  It took anywhere from 15-30 minutes to be seated.  Lines looked shorter for later times.  We were always at a table for 2 but the tables are so close together it felt like we were dining with a group.