Advance registration for shore excursions?

Clampram

I just reserved 2 tickets for a whale watch in Hawaii in April. I was offered the option to use my onboard credits or cash, which surprised me. I didn't think that you could use onboard credits until you were actually on the cruise. Has this changed??

Thanks for your help

That is good news since we have a lot of onboard credit.

I see now that we have never pre-booked excursions in the past so that's how I missed this tid bit of info. Thank you.

Those excursions for Hawaii are $$$$

We are on 4/14 sail to Hawaii and also prebooking excursions.  You are right - very $$$$! I am also surprised to see so many sold out.  We just changed from a Med cruise to this one because airfares to Europe are insane.  Doing a 15 day vs. 7 day and will be saving money - I'll take it.

Very disappointed all the Pearl Harbor tours are sold out

16 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

We are on 4/14 sail to Hawaii and also prebooking excursions.  You are right - very $$$$! I am also surprised to see so many sold out.  We just changed from a Med cruise to this one because airfares to Europe are insane.  Doing a 15 day vs. 7 day and will be saving money - I'll take it.

Very disappointed all the Pearl Harbor tours are sold out

i was so disappointed about the sold out cruises as well. However, now that I have read and researched the possible tours, I am very confident that we are doing the best possible choice. The biggest challenge was Pearl Harbor as hubby is a vet and really wants to go there. Most of the "tours" are not providing you a tour of Pearl Harbor....they are giving you transportation and tickets to the Arizona memorial and some directions. We purchased a tour through Viator that will pick us up at the Pier and provide tickets to the Arizona Memorial and it is at an appropriate time considering the timing for the ships arrival. You can also take an uber/taxi/bus to Pearl Harbor and do it yourself as long as you have the tickets to the Arizona if that is your choice. Those tickets can be directly purchased online and they are only released 60 days prior to the date.....if you decide to do it this way. Viator is less $$$ that the Princess tours for the same tour

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clampram said:

i was so disappointed about the sold out cruises as well. However, now that I have read and researched the possible tours, I am very confident that we are doing the best possible choice. The biggest challenge was Pearl Harbor as hubby is a vet and really wants to go there. Most of the "tours" are not providing you a tour of Pearl Harbor....they are giving you transportation and tickets to the Arizona memorial and some directions. We purchased a tour through Viator that will pick us up at the Pier and provide tickets to the Arizona Memorial and it is at an appropriate time considering the timing for the ships arrival. You can also take an uber/taxi/bus to Pearl Harbor and do it yourself as long as you have the tickets to the Arizona if that is your choice. Those tickets can be directly purchased online and they are only released 60 days prior to the date.....if you decide to do it this way. Viator is less $$$ that the Princess tours for the same tour

On Oahu, we selected the Viator "Arizona Memorial and Pearl Harbor tour". They pick you up at the pier and provide you with the tickets to the Arizona Memorial. You don't pay until 24 hours prior to the tour and we selected the 11AM time frame just to allow time to get off the ship as it is supposed to dock at 7AM. You need to know which Pier your ship will dock at and you can find that online

• Like 1