Rotterdam debarking procedure question

RMLLEL

Does anyone know around what time we would get off the Apex in Rotterdam if it docks at 6am?  What is the latest we would get off of the ship?  Also, do we have to go through customs, immigration?  If so does that take a long time?  This is our first transatlantic, sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

The "latest" you get off the ship is a cruise line policy issue, not port dependent. I would expect 10am at the absolute latest, probably they will be doing last call by 9:30.

They will start allowing people off when the port approves.  I would expect by 7am, if not a little earlier.

The questions about Immigration and Customs need more info, as asked above. Last time we were there, we had sailed from another EU port, so we just did a passport check, no Customs. But there was only two officials to check 2000 people, so the line was long. The official I got wanted to chat, as my last name implies Dutch heritage (its actually been altered by Dutch Immigration in the 1880s when my relatives came over, passing through the Netherlands).

• Thanks 1

In the past, with the exception of our TA in April 2022, immigration came on ship prior to arriving at debarkation port to clear passengers.  Boarded at some point at one of our ports in Europe.  

This past April on the Odyssey of the Seas,  missed our first port in Europe.  Never cleared passport control and left ship after B2b in Rome.  No immigration check.  Flew Rome to USA via Frankfort where had to go thru passport control.  Had to prove to agent how we arrived in Europe.  Had no record of our arrival. 

On our cruises out of Amsterdam this summer they collected passports and customs came on board our final sea day to "interview" each of us (actually walk by and say hello).  We were off the ship at 6:30 the next morning and at the airport by 0700.  Rotterdam will be similar in travel time.  

• Thanks 1