Safety video

Lonedaddy

Why does Regent keep sending out URGENT- safety video emails,  When I have already watched it within 72 hrs of embarkation!  Twice in fact - do their systems not register that?  I click the box too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

Why does Regent keep sending out URGENT- safety video emails,  When I have already watched it within 72 hrs of embarkation!  Twice in fact - do their systems not register that?  I click the box too!

You'll have to watch it on board too then you will be able to use the TV!

• Haha 1

Lonedaddy:  

As I recall (but, due to age, recall is becoming increasingly problematic): 

The in-suite Safety video we saw that first afternoon following boarding Mariner a few months back was a slightly-different, and more detailed presentation from what was viewed at our residence. 

For reasons explained in a several years' old Thread--passengers' convenience in this case is a compromise in safety protocols I wish Regent had not adopted.  Yes, probably the change from gathering guests together in a central location (e.g. Navigator's Theater) for the briefing; or at different "Muster Stations" on Regent's larger ships--was hastened by COVID concerns about large groups in a confined space.  

Nonetheless:  Based on a Cunard experience experienced a few years back of being blasted out of our bed at 0015H in the South Atlantic by a 20-second klaxon; followed by announcement from the 1st Officer on Deck that "THIS IS NOT A DRILL!". Followed by:  "I say again--This is not a Drill!  

There is no substitute for rehearsing and muscle memory as to what to do if the unthinkable actually appears to be happening.   

We knew what to do.  And--no.  That Cunard Queen did NOT hit an iceberg.  Turned out to be a false fire alarm in the funnel ("Stack") which triggered that response from the Deck.  Took a while, however, to get to that conclusion.   

Thus, we make it a practice to practice donning those life jackets--stored high on a closet shelf--ON while remaining in our Suite and reviewing yes, again, that video. 

Just like we did at 0018H aboard Cunard (after putting on two layers of clothes; cleaning out the safe; and stuffing valuable contents in jacket pockets while anxiously waiting for the command to report to our assigned muster station. 

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
Syntax
  • Like 2

I have said this before on this topic. 
Each of the three safety videos were different, getting expanded and more detailed as you progress through them. I felt we retained more information about necessary steps to take in an emergency than from preCOVID safety drills. During preCOVID safety drills people got antsy waiting for late ones, and then people were anxious to get the drill done. And yes the last video is there for you to watch again if you want to. 

• Like 1

To more answer your question about emails after you've certified you watched the pre-cruise video on line, same happened to us last cruise. I have no idea other than to speculate that the emails are computer generated to remind passengers of the necessity to watch the video before the cruise.  That's about it. Once you "check the box,." just delete future emails since it only leads you back to the one you've already viewed. No big deal, you'll get another one on board. 

• Like 2