Zandam Electric Outlets

mcrcruiser

We will be sailing this vessel in 2024 for the Eclipse /Mexican riviera cruise ,14 night  ,Being a older ship where are the electric outlets & how many are there? 

We do bring a  extra electric box that is approved for cruise ship use that has both UBS connections & electric out let connections  ;however ,in a handicap cabin we need a primary for the electric scooter   .

hopefully some one here knows this info ?

TIA

I’m in an ocean view on deck 3 and here are the outlets. Two on the desk (one US and one UK), a power strip behind the TV with UK-style outlets, and one in the bathroom in the old hair dryer that says “shavers only”. I still have an old TV but the installers are currently working their way down the decks. Deck 6 is getting theirs at this time, so we should be next!

85BFCA81-0134-4ACE-B415-705E8053333F.jpeg

B2E5CD65-15ED-45D7-BF13-382D15097416.jpeg

06502D00-BA18-4004-89DB-203F5DD0C572.jpeg

Thank you so much . Wow that is not very good for USA  electric outlets  . We mat need to get the ship to add a US power strip with more USA outlets . Wonder what people might need  if they have electric razors , need to recharge their computers ,electric dryers ie ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Navybikermom said:

I still have an old TV but the installers are currently working their way down the decks. Deck 6 is getting theirs at this time, so we should be next!

They still haven’t finished with 7.  They only did the Neptune suites up here .We asked why they never finished, they said they moved to 6 because some of the cabins there never had the frames installed.  At the speed they’re moving…who knows if they’ll finish.

3 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

I’m in an ocean view on deck 3 and here are the outlets. Two on the desk (one US and one UK), a power strip behind the TV with UK-style outlets, and one in the bathroom in the old hair dryer that says “shavers only”. I still have an old TV but the installers are currently working their way down the decks. Deck 6 is getting theirs at this time, so we should be next!

Is there an outlet near the bed?  My partner uses a CPAP and I'm sure he's not the only one. 

3 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

Those aren't UK outlets, they're European.  UK outlets are very different but both UK and Euro are 220V

This is UK style, generally seen among Americans only on Cunard:

Capture.JPG.fdb20b91de109fe2deddcb68ceb28158.JPG

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

2 hours ago, Cruise NH said:

They still haven’t finished with 7.  They only did the Neptune suites up here .We asked why they never finished, they said they moved to 6 because some of the cabins there never had the frames installed.  At the speed they’re moving…who knows if they’ll finish.

Sorry to hear that. 🙁 We are to be in one of the 2 ocean view cabins on Deck 7 for the next cruise and I had my fingers crossed the TV would have been replaced by the time we sail. 

Any idea if the new TV’s are interactive? 

3 hours ago, Mosaic said:

Keep in mind that those round electrical connections are 220 volt.

That is correct that the round European outlets are 220 to 240 volt.  However, every single electric item we travel with works on both 120 and 240 volts:  cell phone chargers, laptop charger, electric shaver, and charger for our camera batteries.  Converters from these European to US outlets only cost a couple dollars and then you can plug your items into them.  So it effectively becomes a "normal" US outlet.  Obviously, you want to carefully check your electrical item to confirm they are dual voltage capable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lissie said:

Is there an outlet near the bed?  My partner uses a CPAP and I'm sure he's not the only one. 

No outlets by the bed; they're on the desk, so a slight distance away. For CPAP users, I believe HAL can supply power strips/extension cords for this purpose if asked; I'd recommend reaching out directly to HAL's accessibility department. 

• Like 2

We used this on our last cruise on Zaandam and it was a lifesaver: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07V32PJ59?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details 

Not only were there extra outlets, we could also charge USB-A and C devices like phones, Kindles, and portable chargers. It had a slight extension cord as well so everything wasn't bunched up on the desk. 

23 hours ago, AryMay said:

Sorry to hear that. 🙁 We are to be in one of the 2 ocean view cabins on Deck 7 for the next cruise and I had my fingers crossed the TV would have been replaced by the time we sail. 

Any idea if the new TV’s are interactive? 

Ours was installed today but it’s not activated. They still have network stuff to do. They said Sunday or Monday we might be able to use it.

it is supposed to be interactive.  Here’s a picture, we’re in a vista suite.

F977B66C-2AD4-4A95-B275-4DA3C2636AAE.jpeg

• Like 2