All Included & Solo Not Worth it?

smplybcause

I swear when I was looking at solo pricing a few weeks/months ago the All Included pricing for a solo was a good deal. Now when I'm looking at it there's no way it make sense. If two people in the cabin want All Included it's $500 more a person - a pretty good deal if you do drinks. But if I switch it to 1 person it's $1000 more. I was expecting the fare portion to double going solo not in a studio - but why is the All Included price doubling? Definitely no savings that way, especially if you have status that gives you discounts on drinks and wifi. With the current obc they're offering I can add everything a la carte for cheaper than their "savings" price. 

Any solo cruisers notice whether this is across the board or is it just on the sailings I'm looking at?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smplybcause said:

I swear when I was looking at solo pricing a few weeks/months ago the All Included pricing for a solo was a good deal. Now when I'm looking at it there's no way it make sense. If two people in the cabin want All Included it's $500 more a person - a pretty good deal if you do drinks. But if I switch it to 1 person it's $1000 more. I was expecting the fare portion to double going solo not in a studio - but why is the All Included price doubling? Definitely no savings that way, especially if you have status that gives you discounts on drinks and wifi. With the current obc they're offering I can add everything a la carte for cheaper than their "savings" price. 

Any solo cruisers notice whether this is across the board or is it just on the sailings I'm looking at?

That's the norm since AI was intrduced. Ticked me off plenty.

21 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

I have wondered if it is a deliberate policy to deter solos from booking with Celebrity ?? If it is, it works!

I don't think they are deliberately going after solo sailors. They are just trying to generate as much revenue as possible.  

They ran a great promotion starting last June for solos.  No singles supplement and All Included for the week cost me $352.  Given the recent cutbacks on dining and service and rising prices across the board, I don't think we will see a repeat of the promo any time soon.  

If you are a solo sailor you are better off not buying AI and just getting a beverage package if you think you will drink enough to justify it.  I have a cruise in December and chose not to get any beverage package. I will just pay for drinks à la carte.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I don't think they are deliberately going after solo sailors. They are just trying to generate as much revenue as possible.  

They ran a great promotion starting last June for solos.  No singles supplement and All Included for the week cost me $352.  Given the recent cutbacks on dining and service and rising prices across the board, I don't think we will see a repeat of the promo any time soon.  

If you are a solo sailor you are better off not buying AI and just getting a beverage package if you think you will drink enough to justify it.  I have a cruise in December and chose not to get any beverage package. I will just pay for drinks à la carte.  

Better off still by delaying the purchase of a cruise until a few weeks before sail date.

• Like 1

I did the math of a Classic package, pre-paid gratuities, and basic wifi and when I'd booked as a solo in an OV I came out better with the AI than if I'd bought them separately. You just have to do the math because it seems like a lot of time it's not, but sometimes it is cheaper. (I changed to Prime Aqua so it's a moot point now.)

2 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

Maybe when that promo was running was the last time I looked. 

On 1/12/2023 at 9:36 AM, dreamer321 said:

I do not drink so I don't buy the AI when sailing Solo. I pay the Tips and as an Elite member I buy the Premium Wifi at my %30 discount.