Can you have both a first responders’ OBC and Shareholder OBC

Mary229

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Can you have both OBCs, shareholder and first responder?   Thank you 

We have the shareholder and teacher OBC so I am guessing that you can have both.  We have it on our cruise starting Saturday and also cruises booked for Oct 2023 and Jan 2024

• Thanks 1

I just had a long conversation with two HAL representatives.  As of January 1st I'm told that you can now only get the first responder OBC one cruise at a time.  I was told that even though I have 3 cruises booked in 2023 I can get the OBC on the first cruise but I cannot get it on the other two until I complete the first cruise.  This is not the way it has been in the past.  

iflyrc5 did you receive the first responder confirmations for all three of your upcoming cruises.

7 hours ago, garda19 said:

I just had a long conversation with two HAL representatives.  As of January 1st I'm told that you can now only get the first responder OBC one cruise at a time.  I was told that even though I have 3 cruises booked in 2023 I can get the OBC on the first cruise but I cannot get it on the other two until I complete the first cruise.  This is not the way it has been in the past.  

iflyrc5 did you receive the first responder confirmations for all three of your upcoming cruises.

We have a B2B (7 day and 21 day) in October 2023 with each one having a separate booking number and a B2B (21 day and 21 day) in Jan/Feb 2024 with each one having a separate booking number and our TA got us the Teacher promotion for all 4 of the bookings.  He did this in mid Dec 2022 just after we booked these cruises while on the NA during the Black Friday sales.

It’s still not clear to me if a passenger can use more than one OBC at a time. If I sail as a single, can I apply my share holder OBC, my military OBC and my medical professional OBC, or will I be limited to just one? I compare to Princess, where each passenger is permitted one OBC, with a limit of two per cabin. Thx for clarifying if you can. 

58 minutes ago, WavesAway said:

It’s still not clear to me if a passenger can use more than one OBC at a time. If I sail as a single, can I apply my share holder OBC, my military OBC and my medical professional OBC, or will I be limited to just one? I compare to Princess, where each passenger is permitted one OBC, with a limit of two per cabin. Thx for clarifying if you can. 

The military and medical professional credits are essentially the same program so I doubt that you can double dip there. You can get either in addition to the Stockholder credit.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, richwmn said:

The military and medical professional credits are essentially the same program so I doubt that you can double dip there. You can get either in addition to the Stockholder credit.

I have used the First Responder OBC and my shareholder OBC at the same time for several cruises.  Every little bit helps.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:26 PM, iflyrc5 said:

We have a B2B (7 day and 21 day) in October 2023 with each one having a separate booking number and a B2B (21 day and 21 day) in Jan/Feb 2024 with each one having a separate booking number and our TA got us the Teacher promotion for all 4 of the bookings.  He did this in mid Dec 2022 just after we booked these cruises while on the NA during the Black Friday sales.

We are booked on the 21 day Panama Canal cruise on the Rotterdam in October 23.  Is this the same cruise you are on.  HAL advised me that I cannot get the shareholder credit until July 0f 2023 and to send in the paperwork in April.  

16 minutes ago, garda19 said:

We are booked on the 21 day Panama Canal cruise on the Rotterdam in October 23.  Is this the same cruise you are on.  HAL advised me that I cannot get the shareholder credit until July 0f 2023 and to send in the paperwork in April.  

We are on the Eurodam for the Panama Canal but they are correct the current stock authorization is only good for cruises through I think some time in July.  We need to wait until after the corporate meeting in the spring and they should then authorize the benefit through the summer of 2024.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:34 PM, CNSJ said:

I completed the form for Veterans while I was logged into my HAL account last week. I never received an email nor do I see any indication of an OBC. How does one verify this?

Edited by Colorado Klutch

11 minutes ago, Colorado Klutch said:

I

I completed the form for Veterans while I was logged into my HAL account last week. I never received an email nor do I see any indication of an OBC. How does one verify this?

My dh completed the form earlier this week and received a confirmation right away.  The subject line is Congratulations Your military status is confirmed.  It is confirmed through Sheer ID.  Perhaps it is because we are in the system with Princess cruises?  My PCC has not been able to get it added yet.

She was told it takes 2 or 3 days to set up.  She will check at day 4 or 5 and then send me an updated booking confirmation.  I hope this helps some.  Perhaps you can ask who you booked with if yours has been verified.

1 minute ago, FlorenceItaly said:

My dh completed the form earlier this week and received a confirmation right away.  The subject line is Congratulations Your military status is confirmed.  It is confirmed through Sheer ID.  Perhaps it is because we are in the system with Princess cruises?  My PCC has not been able to get it added yet.

She was told it takes 2 or 3 days to set up.  She will check at day 4 or 5 and then send me an updated booking confirmation.  I hope this helps some.  Perhaps you can ask who you booked with if yours has been verified.

Thanks. I booked the cruise the myself, then transferred it to a TA. My TA said she would looking into it, but I haven't heard anything.

I recall my travel agency offering a "teacher rate," but I believe this is different, correct?

My question is: "If you book through a travel agency, is a passenger still able to use the verification form for this OBC, or does that need to go through the TA?"

On 1/15/2023 at 6:39 AM, garda19 said:

I have used the First Responder OBC and my shareholder OBC at the same time for several cruises.  Every little bit helps.

How much is the shareholder OBC? $ or %?

According to the Congratulations email and the HAL rep I spoke with, the Teacher Appreciation can only be used on new bookings.  So I guess you have to know in advance that you want to book a cruise, get the verification info sent in and approved, and then book in order to get the OBC of $100?  Seems like they won't be giving many of those.  I did get the shareholder OBC but, since I was already booked, could not get the Teacher Appreciation. 

Has this been everyone's experience?  It's only $100 but hey - 100 bucks is 100 bucks - especially when you are a teacher!!!!!!!!!  (I'm retired)

I submitted the form for the Veteran's OBC. I did not receive an email and don't see anything on my account indicating I have an OBC. I tried to submit it again and got the message, "We appreciate your enthusiasm, but you have already submitted". 

So who knows?

1 hour ago, glorialagos said:

According to the Congratulations email and the HAL rep I spoke with, the Teacher Appreciation can only be used on new bookings.  So I guess you have to know in advance that you want to book a cruise, get the verification info sent in and approved, and then book in order to get the OBC of $100?  Seems like they won't be giving many of those.

I was verified through Sheer ID for the teacher discount in September.  My PCC said HA was using a new system and they were working out the details.  It was applied to my recently booked 2/23 cruise.  I told her it should have been applied to my 11/22 cruise.  She gave me the “new bookings” line.  I said I didn’t think it was fair, eventually she was able to move it to my 11/22 booking.  We agreed to address the 2/23 booking in January.

I called her last week to get it added to the 2/23 booking.  She said I had to apply for each cruise.  AND, that it could only be used once a year.  I disagreed.  While she put me on hold to “check”. I applied again. Immediately got a response from Sheer I’d that I had already been approved which I forwarded to her.  She came back and said she was working on it and would email me.

Result:  I received an updated booking confirmation including the teacher appreciation discount for my 10/23, 2/24 and 8/24 cruises.  I emailed her asking for an updated confirmation for the 2/23 cruise which includes the appreciation discount.  Hopefully it has been applied.

I hope HAL works out these “glitches” and everyone who deserves a discount receives it.