Can We Make a 10:40 am Flight Out of Logan?

trixiee

Air Canada just changed my noon flight out of Boston to Toronto to 10:40 am.  Can we do this?  We would self-debark.  It's a Saturday, if that makes a difference.  IIRC, it's a quick trip from ship to airport.

Interested in your thoughts/experiences.

TIA

That is too close for my comfort.  I assume this is a flight for months from now so I would first see if I could revisit the schedule and rebook something better.  Usually airlines allow a free change if they changed the schedule.  Secondly I wouldn’t be too worried as it will likely change again

• Thanks 1

Can you make a 10:40 flight?
Not if what happened to me in Boston last August happens to you. Disembarkation on my cruise didn't begin until some time after 8:30. 

Yes, it's a short ride to Logan, and on Saturday traffic is a lot easier, but delayed disembarkation can throw a monkey-wrench into plans.  

1 hour ago, trixiee said:

Air Canada just changed my noon flight out of Boston to Toronto to 10:40 am.  Can we do this?  We would self-debark.  It's a Saturday, if that makes a difference.  IIRC, it's a quick trip from ship to airport.

Interested in your thoughts/experiences.

TIA

No.

While I certainly wouldn't do it, it's possible if EVERYTHING along the way goes without a hiccup. We disembarked in Boston last summer and made it to the airport by about 9:30 or so and that was with zero problems. It would make me too nervous to do it, but you have your own level of stress you're willing to deal with! 🙂

Disembarking in Boston is fast and easy for US citizens.  Non US takes longer.  Bags would need to be checked by 9am or there about.  

The rule for flying should be if you need to ask you don't have enough time.  Got to be another flight that you KNOW you can make.. . .   

And your flight might be changed again . . and again.

We were with RuthC on the cruise out of Boston last August.  Both the embarkation and the disembarkation were disasters (the former was the worst ever).  I wouldn't count on making a 10:40am flight.  I do highly recommend using UBER as a fast way to reach the airport.