Jewel Pizza…..And Ensenada

roger001

On the Jewel. Gotta say best cruise ship pizza I’ve ever had in the Garden Cafe.  As good as the chain pizzas easily.  Crust excellent and like brick oven type.  Lots of good cheese and plenty of ingredients.   Maybe just the Jewel, maybe just this pizza chef, maybe just lucked or. So don’t book just on my pizza review.     Ensenada, don’t know why we stop here.  Port totally industrial.   Must take 15 minute shuttle to get into any of the actual town.  I just stayed on the ship…..and ate more pizza…and an ice cream cone.   Oh, those built at the port are either port workers or empty.  

8919D046-60C6-453F-AD79-06BB35F350D6.jpeg

C43E0EEC-4DF1-4ADA-9CB2-935BF9779843.jpeg

A1CE5EF6-668A-42C5-992A-5156EAD8FCB7.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roger001 said:

On the Jewel. Gotta say best cruise ship pizza I’ve ever had in the Garden Cafe.  As good as the chain pizzas easily.  Crust excellent and like brick oven type.  Lots of good cheese and plenty of ingredients.   Maybe just the Jewel, maybe just this pizza chef, maybe just lucked or. So don’t book just on my pizza review.     Ensenada, don’t know why we stop here.  Port totally industrial.   Must take 15 minute shuttle to get into any of the actual town.  I just stayed on the ship…..and ate more pizza…and an ice cream cone.   Oh, those built at the port are either port workers or empty.  

8919D046-60C6-453F-AD79-06BB35F350D6.jpeg

C43E0EEC-4DF1-4ADA-9CB2-935BF9779843.jpeg

A1CE5EF6-668A-42C5-992A-5156EAD8FCB7.jpeg

Great report. I may just follow your lead and stay on board. 🍕 

36 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I had great pizza on the Joy in October.  Very nice surprise.  I think NCL has actually come up with a winner here.  I'll gladly trade better pizza for somebody pulling down the blanket on my bed every night!!

I don’t know. If someone is going to come in my room and pull down my blanket at night … could be exciting. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I don’t know. If someone is going to come in my room and pull down my blanket at night … could be exciting. 

Delivering pizza? Cue the funky guitar riff… this topic is getting R rated real quick!

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I had some actual yummy pizza on Getaway last week...in the buffet. I was stunned and don't expect it to be replicated on Joy in March. 

I own a pizzeria. One of my favorite things in the world is trying others product. Looking forward to trying and reporting back. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I own a pizzeria. One of my favorite things in the world is trying others product. Looking forward to trying and reporting back. 

I've seen you say that. Next time I travel to your lovely state I'm finding your pizza joint and trying it out! My mother-in-law really wants to go there - she saw my Green River canoe trip photos and really wants to go there now. I'm not complaining. I love me a good western road trip.

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

I've seen you say that. Next time I travel to your lovely state I'm finding your pizza joint and trying it out! My mother-in-law really wants to go there - she saw my Green River canoe trip photos and really wants to go there now. I'm not complaining. I love me a good western road trip.

If you fly into SLC, you can’t make it to Green River without driving past me. One of my other favorite things is getting opinions from east coast people in my shop that have had good pizza their whole life. It’s a chill vibe. So come relaxed and we will take great care of you, friend. Food is memories. It’s where you are and it’s who you’re with. I have no doubt that I will find a good memory with pizza on the Bliss in a week. I’ll be with people I love … and I won’t have to make it. 

15 hours ago, PapaGoose said:

Thanks for the tip! We’ll be boarding the Jewel one month today. I think a slice or two while suffering through the ABC islands and the Panama Canal is a worthy task… 😉

leave a couple slices for us 02/22/2023 , 18 year old Grandson lives on Pizza and red meat 😂

Edited by fox02554
u
  • Haha 2

That does look pretty good.  One consistent thing about NCL pizza is how inconsistent it is from ship to ship or trip to trip on same ship.

Best we had on NCL, and surprised, was POA.  They had a wood fired type oven in buffet.

Our last trip on Prima didn't even eat it.  Most days about 3/4 inch of crust and not much on top.  One day they briefly had a thin crust.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

If you fly into SLC, you can’t make it to Green River without driving past me. One of my other favorite things is getting opinions from east coast people in my shop that have had good pizza their whole life. It’s a chill vibe. So come relaxed and we will take great care of you, friend. Food is memories. It’s where you are and it’s who you’re with. I have no doubt that I will find a good memory with pizza on the Bliss in a week. I’ll be with people I love … and I won’t have to make it. 

Perfect! After exploring the Living Room (I have to take my husband up to see that great view, on a non-hazy day) to see the sunset, we'll definitely be heading south and don't worry, I'll find you.

Funny enough, there's a pizza place in Bozeman, MT that is in my top five. I grew up in NY, but spent almost five years in WY/MT. I enjoyed a lot of pizza up there.

I do wish you the best memories (probably not the best pizza) on the Bliss next week. But not having to make it will be heavenly, I'm sure! I so can't wait to hear all about the trip. Spend a lot of time in that Observation Lounge!

• Like 1