Transportation from Port in Raveena to Venice Hotels & airport

PortZinger

Last year we used a private transfer company we found on Trip Adviser. We had a group of 4 and it cost us 433 Euros for the 4 of us in a minivan, this was less than what Celebrity charged for transfers.  I remember our driver was Daniel and I think his company was Tours by Daniel?

I disagree, while it’s not as comfortable as before it is not very difficult and there are multiple options.

1. Private transfer with local companies.

2. Train to Venice Station

3. Take the Celebrity shuttle to Venice Airport and then continue to Venice e.g. by the very inexpensive ATVO Express Bus to Piazzale Roma or the more expensive water taxi option.

4. Celebrity seem to offer a shuttle to Venice Piazzale Roma.

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Last year we used a private transfer company we found on Trip Adviser. We had a group of 4 and it cost us 433 Euros for the 4 of us in a minivan, this was less than what Celebrity charged for transfers.  I remember our driver was Daniel and I think his company was Tours by Daniel?

When I cruised Celebrity in October, the transfer from Venice to Ravenna was only $58 per person, so it would have been less than you paid per person for four.

It was very convenient -- Celebrity offered transfers from either the airport (Marco Polo) or from central Venice (at Tronchetto, easily reached via the People Mover from Piazzale Roma).

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

When I cruised Celebrity in October, the transfer from Venice to Ravenna was only $58 per person, so it would have been less than you paid per person for four.

It was very convenient -- Celebrity offered transfers from either the airport (Marco Polo) or from central Venice (at Tronchetto, easily reached via the People Mover from Piazzale Roma).

cruisemom42- We will be using transfers from Venice to Ravenna later this year but didn't see anything on our Cruise Planner where we could book it. Do we need to call Celebrity or have our TA do it for us? How far in advance were you able to book it? Thanks for your help and for the outstanding information you provide us fellow cruisers!!

• Like 1

Just now, STLCRUISIN said:

cruisemom42- We will be using transfers from Venice to Ravenna later this year but didn't see anything on our Cruise Planner where we could book it. Do we need to call Celebrity or have our TA do it for us? How far in advance were you able to book it? Thanks for your help and for the outstanding information you provide us fellow cruisers!!

Yes -- ask your TA to book it for you; that's what I did. I don't know how far in advance they will be available. I think I only booked mine a couple of months in advance when I read about their availability here on CC. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

At the time Celebrity wanted over $100 for the transfer. Even at that no way we wanted to be on a bus with 30 other strangers.