NEXTCRUISE from 2013...having issues

yuki5900

successfully used a nextcruise from 2013 and got the purchase price applied to my payment for an upcoming cruise.  however, when i looked online i didn't see the obc that i was supposed to receive applied, so i called. 

the paperwork i got when i bought the nextcruise says obc will be:  $25 for 3-5 nts

$100 for 6-9 nts

$150 for 10-14 nts/$200 for 15+ nts. 

however, they are telling me that all they can give me is $50 obc for an inside room on a 5-7 nt sailing, which is what their "archived records" show.  i spoke with not only the regular rep but also his supervisor, and i was on with him for quite a while.  i also asked to speak to HIS supervisor, and was told that he was as high as i could go.  i said that all i am asking for is what i was sold.  the paper where i see the obc values is actually the form that i filled out when i made the purchase (asks for stateroom # of the cruise i was on when purchasing, quantity of bookings desired, etc.), albeit a blank one that i kept for informational purposes.  the supervisor said that he is unable to give me more than $50 and that i have nothing with both my nextcruise reservation id # AND the obc values.  indeed, the confirmation letter i received says "With an Open Booking, you have now secured the ability to receive an onboard credit in the value of $25-$200 per stateroom."

anybody else ever had this problem?  advice on what to do so i can get the product i paid for?

Mine says the same thing, and it is from 2013. It also has Friends and Family certificates. (Not that we seem to have any cruising friends or family) I don't know where they are even coming up with only $50 OBC, because that is not even listed? This is something that actually might need to go to the executive office, if they can't figure it out over the phone. It is really tricky (for me) to copy a section of a .pdf, plus I had to find it, because we haven't used it yet. 😊image.thumb.png.442632a67b86852a8c5bfecb1a698134.png

Edited by Coralc

7 hours ago, yuki5900 said:

anybody else ever had this problem?

This has happened to us on every one of the old nextcruise certificates we have used since they changed their open booking terms and implemented the NRD vs refundable deposit pricing. One of those offered lower OBC than the other and this looks like those are the terms that they applied to yours. BTW, they won’t budge.

8 hours ago, yuki5900 said:

successfully used a nextcruise from 2013 and got the purchase price applied to my payment for an upcoming cruise.  however, when i looked online i didn't see the obc that i was supposed to receive applied, so i called. 

the paperwork i got when i bought the nextcruise says obc will be:  $25 for 3-5 nts

$100 for 6-9 nts

$150 for 10-14 nts/$200 for 15+ nts. 

indeed, the confirmation letter i received says "With an Open Booking, you have now secured the ability to receive an onboard credit in the value of $25-$200 per stateroom."

anybody else ever had this problem?  advice on what to do so i can get the product i paid for?

I've got one dated 2012 and has the same language.  However, when I bought the cert on board the promo OBC was based on # of nights.  The 6-9 niter was for $100 in OBC.

Got the same attachment of the promo as "Coralc."

Ps.  I had a different issue with solo supplement promo (DP340) when I used it the first time.  The on-board agent could not enter multiple promos in their system.  So, she entered the on-board booking promo and had me call stateside to apply the solo promo.  They wanted to reduce the on-board booking promo to some weird $ amount of less than $50.  I argued with them that one has nothing to do with the other as the offer simply calls for an OBC for on board booking.

Good news, my entire amount of $100 was reinstated.  Fast forward, I'm also a shareholder and had some trepidation that my shareholders OBC of $100 was going to be denied especially since it was in the midst of the pandemic. But no hassle whatsoever.

Edited by nelblu

Wow. I thought I was the only person with these old next cruise certificates! 😆  I also had one from 2013 and thankfully it is my last one. It’s been nothing but problems and I’m currently on hold for the 4th time in the last few days for yet another issue with this same reservation (currently 57 minutes). My latest issue was them not giving me my diamond balcony discount because I’m in a guarantee balcony. 

My only advice is to go in prepared with everything you know and don’t hang up until you check the confirmation. 😂 The first call all they kept telling me was it was not valid. On hold for several times and then finally said it was valid but they had to manually add the obc.  Got the email, no obc and wrong room category.  Called back and got that fixed. Was working on the obc and got disconnected. Ugh. Was hoping they would call back but nope. Called again yesterday and got the obc finally added. Told me I wasn’t entitled to my balcony discount and came here to check with others and was told call back. So here I am again. What a waste of time. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, emen822 said:

Wow. I thought I was the only person with these old next cruise certificates! 😆  I also had one from 2013 and thankfully it is my last one. It’s been nothing but problems and I’m currently on hold for the 4th time in the last few days for yet another issue with this same reservation (currently 57 minutes). My latest issue was them not giving me my diamond balcony discount because I’m in a guarantee balcony. 

My only advice is to go in prepared with everything you know and don’t hang up until you check the confirmation. 😂 The first call all they kept telling me was it was not valid. On hold for several times and then finally said it was valid but they had to manually add the obc.  Got the email, no obc and wrong room category.  Called back and got that fixed. Was working on the obc and got disconnected. Ugh. Was hoping they would call back but nope. Called again yesterday and got the obc finally added. Told me I wasn’t entitled to my balcony discount and came here to check with others and was told call back. So here I am again. What a waste of time. Good luck!

Are you a C&A member.  Many times, I find that the C&A desk is more attuned.  

I also had an old Next Cruise from 2012 or 2013.  I was booking a 16 night Panama Canal cruise (solo) and was supposed to get $200.  I booked over the phone and the guy said that I would only get $100 not the $200.  Also said there was a problem with the Next Cruise reservation number and had to get someone to change it.  

Pat

• Thanks 1