Carnival with 18 month old?

rnr4thatsme

We were looking at doing a multi generation cruise with extended family but the youngest will be 18 months when we were planning to travel.  Do any Carnival ships have splash areas for kids in swim diapers?  We don’t care about being unable to leave the child in care (lots of family to help give mom and dad a break), but just wondering what they might have to do. 

There are no activities for an 18 month ago and a child in swim diapers will not be allowed in the water areas but to be honest I have seen kids in diapers in pools, hot tubs, splash pads but now the crew monitor the water areas much closer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rnr4thatsme said:

We were looking at doing a multi generation cruise with extended family but the youngest will be 18 months when we were planning to travel.  Do any Carnival ships have splash areas for kids in swim diapers?  We don’t care about being unable to leave the child in care (lots of family to help give mom and dad a break), but just wondering what they might have to do. 

Royal allows swim diapers in the kids splash pads and they Royal tots and babies is phenomenal. We took our 11 month old on a multi generational cruise with Royal and it was excellent. 

• Like 1

Years ago I took my daughter and my grandchild (then 2) on a five-day jaunt out of Jacksonville.  There was a 'playhouse' set up somewhere, which the child enjoyed immensly. She was treated like a princess in the main dining room; there were NO other children on board!  She wore a velvet dress on fancy night.  We took turns staying in the cabin with her in the evening, so we could both enjoy a little nightlife. We strolled her around Key West, and took her to use the beach at Atlantis.  We all had a wonderful time. It depends on the temperment of the child, of course. 

• Like 1

We are headed out in 6 weeks with an 18 month and 3.5 year old. The 18 month will be wearing a built in diaper swim suit that looks just like a real suit with the understanding that the pool will be off limits as they now have "guards". I think I have been in the pool maybe 3 times in all my cruises so it is not an issue. We will use the splash area on the Celebration for him to cool off and see how it goes. Just don't think you will be going in the pools!

14 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

We are headed out in 6 weeks with an 18 month and 3.5 year old. The 18 month will be wearing a built in diaper swim suit that looks just like a real suit with the understanding that the pool will be off limits as they now have "guards". I think I have been in the pool maybe 3 times in all my cruises so it is not an issue. We will use the splash area on the Celebration for him to cool off and see how it goes. Just don't think you will be going in the pools!

I hope this get reported to Carnival enough that they watch for you,  as you just admitted you are willing to put other kids at risk for your selfish wants

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

I hope this get reported to Carnival enough that they watch for you,  as you just admitted you are willing to put other kids at risk for your selfish wants

He is potty trained as of 2 months ago. So instead of "putting other kids at risk for our selfish wants", we are planning on using the built in as a precautionary in order to keep other safe from bacteria. But thanks for your input. Don't mind the hundreds or people peeing in the pool and hot tubs, and I would be you have once or twice in your life too. Cheers!

• Like 2

We were on the Sunshine in December with my 18 month old grandson. They wouldn't even let him stand in the splash area with his clothes on. It was ankle deep and noone was there. I get the rule but not sure how getting his feet wet would hurt anyone. 

Just now, Riles34 said:

He is potty trained as of 2 months ago. So instead of "putting other kids at risk for our selfish wants", we are planning on using the built in as a precautionary in order to keep other safe from bacteria. But thanks for your input. Don't mind the hundreds or people peeing in the pool and hot tubs, and I would be you have once or twice in your life too. Cheers!

you admitted you bought a special suit to avoid detection

So again admitting he still needs diapers. My 86 year old grandpa will be in his "depends" while sitting next to you in the pool just as a precaution.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jennas_mum said:

We were on the Sunshine in December with my 18 month old grandson. They wouldn't even let him stand in the splash area with his clothes on. It was ankle deep and noone was there. I get the rule but not sure how getting his feet wet would hurt anyone. 

urine and feces travel down - Would you want to be the person that got the splash pad or pool closed down for the day or longer?  and its not about what the Carnival staff wants

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

So again admitting he still needs diapers. My 86 year old grandpa will be in his "depends" while sitting next to you in the pool just as a precaution.

Ok, we will just use a standard suit. I am sorry you are very worked up over this. 

51 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Who exactly at Carnival would you report that to?   Is there a poopy kid hotline? 

J/K              🙂

• Haha 5

49 minutes ago, jennas_mum said:

Another reason why we like the Royal Caribbean splash pads, they allow swim diapers. Pools I get but come on Carnival the splash pad's water should be treated and recycled anyway. 

48 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

The OP said the child is potty trained, they are used the suit as a precaution because accidents happen. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Another reason why we like the Royal Caribbean splash pads, they allow swim diapers. Pools I get but come on Carnival the splash pad's water should be treated and recycled anyway. 

The water on the splashes are treated/recycled.

There is way more stuff involved than just treating and recycling water. I can't recall his name , but there are detailed explanations here about it. Chengpk? something or other  maybe someone will come around and know

8 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

The OP said the child is potty trained, they are used the suit as a precaution because accidents happen. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. 

The child was potty trained after my comment. The first comment was they bought a special suit to avoid detection and would keep the kid out of the pool because they knew it wouldn't be allowed.  They admitted they knew they were doing something Carnival would have issues with.

I always avoid detection and avoid places because of "guards" when I'm in the right.

• Like 1