Apex Martini Bar - only small size martinis?

Cruise Gopher

Currently on Apex at the Martini bar and have the premium package. All my

martinis have been the small tiny martini glasses. Do they not have the larger/normal sized glasses on this ship?

I am missing my large martinis like we had on the Millennium back in November. 

10 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

...Do they not have the larger/normal sized glasses on this ship?

I am missing my large martinis like we had on the Millennium back in November. 

Seems to be a good question to ask the bartender. They use the smaller glasses for the free Elite cocktail hour, so perhaps bartender was confused? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

Seems to be a good question to ask the bartender. They use the smaller glasses for the free Elite cocktail hour, so perhaps bartender was confused? 

No, all the martini glasses were laid out on the bar and they were all the small ones. 

Eden bar had the small martini glasses too. 

#costcutting

1 minute ago, Cruise Gopher said:

No, all the martini glasses were laid out on the bar and they were all the small ones. 

Eden bar had the small martini glasses too. 

#costcutting

and you do have the premium package...

35 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yep the small glasses are like 3 sips. I quickly got another. 

Just feels like such a lowered experience now. 

Well at least if you are sitting at the bar enjoying the small martini, you don't need to go far for a small refill

• Like 1

The next cut will be smaller hamburgers with holes in them like White Castle, every  little amount eliminated  is profit.   The bean counters are destroying the cruise experience like do for other businesses.    They go for immediate profits but cause future bankruptcy by driving away the customers.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I’m pretty sure they still have a larger sized martini but they are priced just above the limit for the packages so you’d have to pay the difference. Easier to just order two consecutive smaller martinis. I think they made this change a couple years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it the case that the large martini is now priced just above the limit for the premium package? I noticed in the martini bar menu that I can see in the app for Beyond, the price $15/$18. 

If large martinis are no longer included in the premium package, I am sure that Celebrity has gone off the rails. 

• Like 2

According to the Celebrity Website Beverage package description, large martinis are supposed to be included in the PDP.

• Cocktails: Craft cocktails, large martinis, and long drinks, all made with Premium Beverage Package spirits
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

According to the Celebrity Website Beverage package description, large martinis are supposed to be included in the PDP.

• Cocktails: Craft cocktails, large martinis, and long drinks, all made with Premium Beverage Package spirits

But that is countered by this language which says the limit is $17 and someone posted above that large martinis are $18:

"Premium Package

This versatile drinks package lets you start your morning with fresh squeezed orange juice and a premium coffee, enjoy a frozen cocktail by the pool, and then a glass of wine with dinner. Enjoy all the spirits listed in our Classic Package, plus drinks up to $17. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 20%.

$109 per person per day*"

9 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

But that is countered by this language which says the limit is $17 and someone posted above that large martinis are $18:

"Premium Package

This versatile drinks package lets you start your morning with fresh squeezed orange juice and a premium coffee, enjoy a frozen cocktail by the pool, and then a glass of wine with dinner. Enjoy all the spirits listed in our Classic Package, plus drinks up to $17. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 20%.

$109 per person per day*"

Once again Celebrity being consistent about being inconsistent!

My quote was from the description for drinks packages under "manage your trip" for our Equinox cruise in June. BTW it also showed the PDP price as $98.99 per person per day pre-cruise with 9% discount. We are in the Retreat for that cruise and have the PDP already.

On the Reflection I was able to order 12-year-old Mccallan scotch in the PDP and I do not see it listed now under availability of whiskeys. I enjoy a Mccallan before dinner. But they do have Macallan Lumina, The Macallan Quest listed.

Edited by terrydtx

3 minutes ago, seatrial said:

This is part of the Martini Bar menu that I see in the app for 3/5 Beyond sailing. I am assuming the pricing is for small versus large martinis, maybe?

A66B76E1-15B4-41E6-89DB-63D8D09B7B51.png

I wonder what they would charge for a regular Bombay Saphire large martini.  It should be less than the new $17 PDP cap. I believe previously in the martini bar they were $13 or $14 for the large ones.

Waiting for them to go around and serve them in Tooters 

$109 + 20% per day and if you order a Martini they are going to nick ya'' for another $1.12 each time.  Sometimes you have to realize the clown is not a photo but a mirror.  

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Waiting for them to go around and serve them in Tooters 

$109 + 20% per day and if you order a Martini they are going to nick ya'' for another $1.12 each time.  Sometimes you have to realize the clown is not a photo but a mirror.  

I may be wrong but doesn't the $109 include the 20% gratuity?  

27 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I may be wrong but doesn't the $109 include the 20% gratuity?  

No, 109 is the pre-gratuity price. 

Right now the PDP is on sale for my cruise at $98.99pp + 20% added in the cart. 

The drink package costs more than the cruise, taxes, fees. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

No, 109 is the pre-gratuity price. 

Right now the PDP is on sale for my cruise at $98.99pp + 20% added in the cart. 

The drink package costs more than the cruise, taxes, fees. 

Then if prebought for a 7-day cruise the total price is $118.78pp per day or $832.51pp for 7 days including tips.  For two of you in a cabin that adds $1663 which is more than some cabin classes. WOW!!

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1