Dropped / Missing Excursion From Princess Travel Summary

WoodstockGirl

Last November we booked our 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise that begins Jan 18th, 2023, including excursions.  We were able to get one excursion "confirmed" and on another we were/are wait-listed. When we recently printed out our official Travel Summary from the Princess website - giving all the official "everythings" related to the cruise - it only listed our "wait-listed" excursion and not the one we are confirmed on. This seems odd - right? Was it dropped? Is it "there", but not listed?  It shows every detail about the "wait-listed" one - time starts, time ends, cost, etc.  But nothing for the confirmed one.

We'll check with the excursion desk when we board (sigh... a line I don't like standing in). Just wondered if anyone here has experienced this before. Or am I missing something...?

Edited by WoodstockGirl

There have been several posts (including mine) regarding this issue. We were booked and had paid for (with OBC) an excursion in Puerto Rico while sailing on Enchanted  that simply disappeared from our booking. Check to see if Princess is still offering that excursion as ours simply disappeared from their list of excursions online. You are not alone. Several of us were not notified.

Check your cruise personalizer under "Excursions" and look to see if your missing excursion shows up there.  It may be that there was simply a glitch in the connection between excursions and the printing process (a bit of a stretch...but at least confirm that it still shows at that point.)  Pursue accordingly.

We had an excursion disappear too. About 2 weeks later our TA forwarded a Princess email notifying us of the cancellation. Luckily Princess added the same excursion minus the "snack" for $20 less so worked out great for us. 

I have an official "Shore Excursion Summary"  acknowledgement email from Princess sent back in November with our booking number and all pertinent facts and details related to the excursions we had just booked. It shows our status for both excursions: one is "booked" with cost, and the other one is "wait-listed".  But now our travel summary only shows the wait-listed one.

I'm printing out the earlier email and taking it with me. Just hope we can still get on it. All the excursions on this sailing have been sold out for awhile.

45 minutes ago, WoodstockGirl said:

I have an official "Shore Excursion Summary"  acknowledgement email from Princess sent back in November with our booking number and all pertinent facts and details related to the excursions we had just booked. It shows our status for both excursions: one is "booked" with cost, and the other one is "wait-listed".  But now our travel summary only shows the wait-listed one.

I'm printing out the earlier email and taking it with me. Just hope we can still get on it. All the excursions on this sailing have been sold out for awhile.

Did you book or pay for it ?  Excursions not paid for will go away. They should show confirmed not booked if you have paid for them 

@WoodstockGirl We are currently on the phone with Princess after they dropped yet another excursion. They supposedly sent me an email for the latest cancelation on January 8th but it was never received. We've checked our spam/junk folders but there is nothing there. Interestingly, I ALWAYS get the actual reservation. Two cruises in a row. Way to go Princess. 

21 hours ago, phoebe2m said:

We had an excursion disappear too. About 2 weeks later our TA forwarded a Princess email notifying us of the cancellation. Luckily Princess added the same excursion minus the "snack" for $20 less so worked out great for us. 

That is likely due to a change in the tour company running that particular excursion...though I've never heard of an instance like that.  Sounds kinda cheap!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paradiselivin1 said:

@WoodstockGirl We are currently on the phone with Princess after they dropped yet another excursion. They supposedly sent me an email for the latest cancelation on January 8th but it was never received. We've checked our spam/junk folders but there is nothing there. Interestingly, I ALWAYS get the actual reservation. Two cruises in a row. Way to go Princess. 

Did you book the cruise with a TA?

Our experience is that the notice from Princess goes to the TA and the TA must then forward it to you.

This happens even though the TA in no way, shape or form is involved with the original booking of the excursion.

This happened to me last summer on a Discovery sailing in Alaska. We booked a small boat cruise that went up closer to Hubbard Glacier. I was pretty excited about it. Once on board no one including the concierge in the suite lounge could explain it. I just moved on. It wasn't worth making a fuss although it was disappointing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Did you book the cruise with a TA?

Our experience is that the notice from Princess goes to the TA and the TA must then forward it to you.

Yes, we did. However, we do often get updates from our TA's company regarding flight changes and when we had a move-over offer. When we spoke to a Princess rep this morning, she clearly indicated that the e-mail was sent to mu e-address and confirmed it with me. That being said, she was unable to forward the e-mail to me?

The last cruise was for a tour in Puerto Rico that didn't matter much but this one is in New Zealand was something we were really looking forward to as one of the reasons we want to tour is to visit the Hobbiton movie sets. I can understand that some people may not be interested but we are huge fans. Also, looking forward, extremely concerned for our Greenland cruise this summer as we were forced to book two Princess excursions in those TINY towns where Princess buys up all of the excursions in town. Trust me, I've tried to book with the vendors there and they said that their hands were tied by Princess.

When you book some of the more expensive cruises for a once-in-a lifetime visit; I find this more than a bit distressing.

3 hours ago, Elizabeth K. said:

This happened to me last summer on a Discovery sailing in Alaska. We booked a small boat cruise that went up closer to Hubbard Glacier. I was pretty excited about it. Once on board no one including the concierge in the suite lounge could explain it. I just moved on. It wasn't worth making a fuss although it was disappointing.

Was the excursion itself cancelled or did it go on without you?

• 2 weeks later...

We had an excursion cancelled by Princess on our Med. cruise last fall. We never got ANY notification from Princess. We only knew it was cancelled when some acquaintances we made on the ship, who were scheduled for the same excursion, mentioned it to us a day or two before the port. They had received notification from Princess. No one in Guest Relations or at the Excursion desk could explain the lack of notification.