Nordic Spa

FlyerTalker

On my previous Viking cruises, access to the Nordic Spa was by reservation, and for limited amounts of time.

Was this a limited "Covid" situation, or is this the norm for the facility?  What's the current process for using the sauna and steam?

TIA.

46 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

On my previous Viking cruises, access to the Nordic Spa was by reservation, and for limited amounts of time.

Was this a limited "Covid" situation, or is this the norm for the facility?  What's the current process for using the sauna and steam?

TIA.

Yes, that was just for COVID.

Just got off Viking Star.  Nordic Spa is wide open for anyone, beginning at 8 AM.  In fact, it was quite popular with quite a number of people enjoying it (10-20?) at a time.  I'm sure there are less crowded times however.   It is indeed quite nice!

The process of using the sauna and steam is just to go into the facility locker room, then through to the pool area.  There is a steam room and a snow room opposite each other.  Also a cold water bucket and a hot tub, in addition to the jetted small pool.

Most fun is to be in the small pool (maybe 15 ft by 20 feet?) when the ship is moving and "waves" are happening!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Jupiter on Saturday

Wow!  Have a fabulous time!  We did this Jupiter South America cruise in Jan 2020 before COVID.  It was easily one of the best we've taken!!  The Chilean Fjords to me were even more spectacular than Norway (OK - they were equal).  Safe journeys!

On 1/15/2023 at 8:59 AM, CCWineLover said:

Yes, that was just for COVID.

Just got off Viking Star.  Nordic Spa is wide open for anyone, beginning at 8 AM.

Requiring reservations now on Jupiter.

So much for my plans.

At least there will be an excellent entertainer tonight.  I've seen him before and been quite happy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Requiring reservations now on Jupiter.

So much for my plans.

At least there will be an excellent entertainer tonight.  I've seen him before and been quite happy.

Really?  The spa on Jupiter is requiring reservations?  We are doing the TA on Jupiter in March and was hoping those reservations were a thing of the past.