Club Orange worth it?

_CruiseLover

On 2/9/2023 at 2:55 PM, CruiserN1 said:

Apparently yes, there is a limit. I tried to add it to our Mar 18 cruise on Rotterdam and TA said it was sold out.

You should try again. I purchased it yesterday for that same sailing. There are cabins availability now showing for this cruise. Might have to do with last minute cancellations. Some of those must have been CO.

• Like 1

I am in the minority here but I just want to share our experience.  We sailed on N Statendam in September and knew nothing of CO since we had not sailed on HAL in 14 years. It was a great cruise despite port cancellations and picking up the latest COVID souvenir.  We ate in the MDR at a table for two and we had great service and hot meals.  We booked another 8 weeks November to January and started with CO.  We had priority boarding together with another 500 people as we boarded crossing the pier because the jetway was inoperative.  Our upgrade was from one obstructed view cabin to another obstructed view further forward.  We eat early and enjoyed a two top by the window almost every night.  It’s a two way gold fish bowl.  We watched the trek to the MDR by other pax while they watched us eat.  Breakfast was great and never crowded.  As the week progressed I no longer needed breakfast and enjoyed the crow’s nest caffein  fix  instead. On week three we switched to the MDR (no orange) and our experience was great.  Excellent service, no fishbowl and a table for two by a window.

we see no need for club orange, one and done.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 6:02 AM, Iamthesea said:

Croissants are on the menu along with bread pudding.  I thought that odd. 

The croissants referenced in the CO Breakfast hang tag in post # 220 are actually part of the bread pudding ingredients, not separate croissants by themselves.  As mentioned though, I wrote in croissants on the hang tag, and I received them.  They were really good!

~Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

I recently added CO to my 16 day TA on the Zuiderdam.  The biggest incentive for me was to go from a VH guarantee to a selected VA category cabin.  I see the added fee on my recent booking confirmation.  Will I see CO indication on Navigator app, luggage tag, etc?  Thank you!

The Navigator App shows “priority boarding” on the boarding pass and shows the Club Orange menu under Dining Options. Not sure if non-CO members display the CO menu or not. 

Also, the luggage tag has an orange strip across it to denote CO. 

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

The Navigator App shows “priority boarding” on the boarding pass and shows the Club Orange menu under Dining Options. Not sure if non-CO members display the CO menu or not. 

Also, the luggage tag has an orange strip across it to denote CO. 

Enjoy!

I am not seeing this on my Preliminary boarding pass or luggage tag.  My sailing is May 12.  I purchased CO weeks ago.  Should I see it now or closer to sailing?  I am seeing nothing on the Navigator App under dining.  The Zuiderdam does not have a separate dining room so is this typical or should it still show something?  Thank you so much.  

2 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am not seeing this on my Preliminary boarding pass or luggage tag.  My sailing is May 12.  I purchased CO weeks ago.  Should I see it now or closer to sailing?  I am seeing nothing on the Navigator App under dining.  The Zuiderdam does not have a separate dining room so is this typical or should it still show something?  Thank you so much.  

I honestly don’t know. I am on the Nieuw Statendam departing April 8 and just saw this because I was curious when you asked, so I don’t know if/when changes were made. However, we also have two shorter cruises on the Rotterdam later in April and those luggage tags do not have the orange stripe at this time. We have CO on all three cruises. Maybe it is ship specific?

You might be correct about not having a specific Club Orange menu on the zuiderdam since it does not have a dedicated dining area. 

Hopefully more experienced (or more observant) cruisers will weigh in. 

• Thanks 1

@FlorenceItaly, the color of the luggage tag denotes the ship.  The tag will not display “Priority” unless you have a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite.  There will be an orange strip on your room key so the dining staff knows which menu to bring and also for the crew to see you have priority tendering and disembarkation.  

Assuming you are embarking in PEV, Club Orange gives you access to the priority lounge where you will be among the first to board.  (Depending on your Mariner status, you may already have this.)  Have a wonderful time!

• Thanks 1

@waiting2retire -  Thank you so much.  I have sent my PCC an email.  She was off when I added CO.  Wishing you a wonderful cruise on the NS.  We sailed her in November and the crew is top notch.  We did not have CO on that sailing so I can't comment on this specifically.  We had anytime dining and the DR was very well run.  We never had a wait.  I am sure you will love the separate dining area on NS.

Just now, *Miss G* said:

@FlorenceItaly, the color of the luggage tag denotes the ship.  The tag will not display “Priority” unless you have a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite.  There will be an orange strip on your room key so the dining staff knows which menu to bring and also for the crew to see you have priority tendering and disembarkation.  

Assuming you are embarking in PEV, Club Orange gives you access to the priority lounge where you will be among the first to board.  (Depending on your Mariner status, you may already have this.)  Have a wonderful time!

Thank you.  We are 3 star so we do not have priority boarding.  I will look for the priority lounge.  

7 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thank you.  We are 3 star so we do not have priority boarding.  I will look for the priority lounge.  

When you are finished checking in, go to the escalator behind the counter where the regular waiting room is.  There will be a big sign which lists who has access to the Priority Lounge (Pinnacle/Neptune Suites; 4&5 Star Mariners; Club Orange).  Terminal staff will probably check to make sure you have access before allowing you to proceed.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am also 3 star and my boarding pass on the Navigator App clearly states Priority boarding, which comes with the Club Orange benefits. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

So is it more beneficial to book club orange than a Neptune suite? There are no perks for a suite except laundry. Do you feel club orange is more beneficial? Does club orange get more priority over suites?

The Neptune Suite is included in the Club Orange benefits.  So, if you are in a NS you are part of Club Orange.   The Neptune Suite also provides the Neptune Lounge (which is not available to Club Orange members).   No, CO doesn’t get priority over Neptune Suites.  CO does have priority over Signature Suites and Veranda Suites.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gizmodog said:

So is it more beneficial to book club orange than a Neptune suite? There are no perks for a suite except laundry. Do you feel club orange is more beneficial? Does club orange get more priority over suites?

As already mentioned - Neptunes get Club Orange included.  Also, Neptunes get access to the Neptune Lounge and its concierges (a valuable perk IMO).  They also get a cocktail party the first evening, free laundry, VIP embarkation. tenders and disembarkation, and breakfast in the Pinnacle dining area (for non-Pinnacle class ships).  Plus several smaller perks such as getting your airline boarding passes printed for you and not having to go to the front service desk for most things.  

Just now, gizmodog said:

Is breakfast in the pinnacle grill open to all club orange or just Neptune and pinnacle suites? I am finding more info here then talking with a Holland rep.

The Pinnacle Grill is only open for breakfast to Neptune and Pinnacle Suites.

• Like 2