Marriott hotel in Barcelona

cruisin73

I'm looking for recommendations for a Marriott hotel in Barcelona.  We will be staying in Barcelona for 2 nights pre cruise.  I'd like to visit Park Guell, Magic Fountain, Montjuiic castle. If the hotel has a shuttle to the cruise port that would be a bonus.  I've looked on the Marriott website and there are quite a few hotels in Barcelona. We have never been to Europe so I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the options and not knowing the area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisin73 said:

I'm looking for recommendations for a Marriott hotel in Barcelona.  We will be staying in Barcelona for 2 nights pre cruise.  I'd like to visit Park Guell, Magic Fountain, Montjuiic castle. If the hotel has a shuttle to the cruise port that would be a bonus.  I've looked on the Marriott website and there are quite a few hotels in Barcelona. We have never been to Europe so I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the options and not knowing the area.

We stayed at The Edition last September- it was nice and close to many sites. We got a good rate as we booked when hotels were reopening after being shut down from COVID and they needed business.   here's the Marriott site with all Barcelona hotels, you can search by location. Not sure if you have points to use but you can experiment with rates and research if any properties have shuttles, etc.  https://www.marriott.com/search/findHotels.mi

Thanks for asking this.  We need a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise this summer.  I was hoping to find a hotel where they spoke English and could assist us with transfers to the cruiseport, etc.  I looked at the Marriott site as well and there are so many options.  I was hoping someone might have a recommendation on which one to stay at.  Everyone says to stay in La Rambla but I honestly have no idea.  

1 hour ago, gail-s said:

Thanks for asking this.  We need a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise this summer.  I was hoping to find a hotel where they spoke English and could assist us with transfers to the cruiseport, etc.  I looked at the Marriott site as well and there are so many options.  I was hoping someone might have a recommendation on which one to stay at.  Everyone says to stay in La Rambla but I honestly have no idea.  

All hotels speak English.

They will all call you a taxi to take you to the cruise port.

If you plan to do a lot of walking, pick a hotel close to Plaza Catalunya, not necessarily on Las Ramblas.

Search for hotels on this board. There are a lot of good ones at different price points.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marazul said:

If you plan to do a lot of walking, pick a hotel close to Plaza Catalunya, not necessarily on Las Ramblas.

Search for hotels on this board. There are a lot of good ones at different price points.

Excellent advice.  Kept me from typing the same thing.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2023 at 1:55 PM, marazul said:

great information.  I just booked the Renaissance barcelona hotel. Has great reviews and close to many of the sites we want to see.  

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 5:28 PM, cruisin73 said:

great information.  I just booked the Renaissance barcelona hotel. Has great reviews and close to many of the sites we want to see.  

When are you staying? I've been looking at the Renaissance, we are big Marriott people but was thinking I wanted something more boutique like?

2 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

When are you staying? I've been looking at the Renaissance, we are big Marriott people but was thinking I wanted something more boutique like?

Like the Majestic Hotel?  Not a Marriott, but a wonderful hotel in a superb location.

On 1/18/2023 at 5:28 PM, cruisin73 said:

On 1/15/2023 at 4:18 PM, cruisin73 said:

I'm looking for recommendations for a Marriott hotel in Barcelona.  We will be staying in Barcelona for 2 nights pre cruise.  I'd like to visit Park Guell, Magic Fountain, Montjuiic castle. If the hotel has

On 1/15/2023 at 4:18 PM, cruisin73 said:

a shuttle to the cruise port that would be a bonus.  I've looked on the Marriott website and there are quite a few hotels in Barcelona. We have never been to Europe so I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the options and not knowing the area.

We stayed (pre pandemic) at a Marriott near Catalunya Square, Cotton House Autograph collection,

loved it. We took the A2(?) bus from the airport and walked 10 minutes to the hotel with our carryon luggage.

They called us a taxi to the cruise port .

Walked everywhere, las ramblas nearby, Sagrada Familia 30 minute walk. Make sure to get tickets ahead of time. I printed ours at home in South Carolina.

hotel breakfast and dinner outstanding.