GTY Cabin: can we be bumped up a category?

Moochi

14 minutes ago, Moochi said:

Just booked a GTY SS and not assigned a cabin# yet. The Retreat seems to be almost sold out on the ship especially in our category. Can we be bumped up?😉

Yes, you can.  As stated it it not likely IMO because of the Move Up bidding.  Celebrity would be more likely to assign the cabins above the SS to someone that is willing to pay more.  Of course it depends on how much you paid for your GTY SS.

If you have not already looked the the minimum bids, you might want to check it out.  Or see how much it would cost to upgrade.  

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Not likely, you might be assigned an accessible cabin. Time will tell

I’m so impatient lol. Have been checking everyday. 

There is no accessible cabin left in the retreat. Are there any “hidden” cabins that are not released? We might get one of those if that’s the case. 

Wanted to report back that we were assigned an aqua sky suite today. While I understand the cabin# can change anytime before sailing, if we were so lucky to keep this cabin, do we get all the aqua sky suite benefits, even if we booked a sky suite GTY?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moochi said:

Wanted to report back that we were assigned an aqua sky suite today. While I understand the cabin# can change anytime before sailing, if we were so lucky to keep this cabin, do we get all the aqua sky suite benefits, even if we booked a sky suite GTY?

You got a good deal then being assigned that!  I haven't heard of them taking away a cabin after they've assigned you a specific stateroom, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about there.

Someone will have to chime in about the Aqua type amenities, but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't receive them since they come with the room.

• Like 1