NCL app doesn't open menus

J0Y0US

Ahh the joys of NCLs rubbish software department. I swear there’s a random number generator buried in every program and webpage and depending what value it generates it will decide to work or not!

I was on Epic twice in the space of 6 months, first one the app behaved and everything worked as it should, the second time  - nope would not cooperate no matter what I did on the same phone as the first trip. I’m a techie and tried everything possible from power cycling the phone to uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It’s a complete lottery. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I had that issue too. I tried Word as well and that didn't work. Then, I tried Google Drive and it opens just fine! Good luck, I hope that works for you!

Boom worked

Google drive fixed it. I knew I could look on past trips forgot the work around. 

• Like 1

Hotels and airline operations have an I.T. Dept that runs 24/7 with backup on call & remote ops, unlike NCL's highly in-competent teams, not just I.T. (think proof-reading published contents)

Yulp, issues with mobile app for MyNCL ... fully OLCI 2 weeks ago, eDocs printed & eLuggage tags printed.  Yet, what do you know, only 83% and incomplete, WTH.  Personal info missing and passport numbers disappeared.  Re-keyed and now done.  "Wait for eDoc" yet still showing "Finish your Online Check-In"   Things like this consistently inconsistent and at other places, heads would roll.  

Looks like those sample SD menu samples are gone, perhaps they are "updating" them - pulled them offline to do the 2023 revision.

Sail & Sustain, for your convenience, of course.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, debnjoe1438 said:

I'm having issues also, with the app and trying to log in online. I keep getting a message stating username or password is incorrect. ☹️

Try using your email address instead of your user name…and same password.  Seems NCL has changed many accounts to email as user name.  

22 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Try using your email address instead of your user name…and same password.  Seems NCL has changed many accounts to email as user name.  

Thanks, however been using my email address for months. (Not cooperating today)

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Hotels and airline operations have an I.T. Dept that runs 24/7 with backup on call & remote ops, unlike NCL's highly in-competent teams, not just I.T. (think proof-reading published contents)

Yulp, issues with mobile app for MyNCL ... fully OLCI 2 weeks ago, eDocs printed & eLuggage tags printed.  Yet, what do you know, only 83% and incomplete, WTH.  Personal info missing and passport numbers disappeared.  Re-keyed and now done.  "Wait for eDoc" yet still showing "Finish your Online Check-In"   Things like this consistently inconsistent and at other places, heads would roll.  

Looks like those sample SD menu samples are gone, perhaps they are "updating" them - pulled them offline to do the 2023 revision.

Sail & Sustain, for your convenience, of course.  

You really need to find another cruise line since NCL does so much wrong in your eyes. I never have any issues using a PC. 

50 minutes ago, zqvol said:

You really need to find another cruise line since NCL does so much wrong in your eyes. I never have any issues using a PC. 

Oh, excuse me.  You are grossly generalizing, aren't you.  But, that's okay.  Your use of your PC has no relationship whatsoever with other's reported trouble here on CC lately in using their digital device, nor does it help resolve my previously 100% check-in issue that surfaced.  Perhaps, it could be my Linux OS browser on a notebook and not theirs but I'm doubtful since the error didn't go away on Android and iOS.  Have a nice day.  

P.S.  In any event, mine issue with this fixed, don't matter who's wrong - chill out. And, what makes you believe that I am not looking at other travel & vacation options ahead. Irrelevant, IMHO and we are also NCLH holders.  

Edited by mking8288