When will they correct language for covid testing on Enhanced Voyages?

Jemnibabe

6 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Or you get the medically observed online. 15 minutes, $65, easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

But why would you buy a test for $65. when most people have a stock of free tests at home and can just take a picture of the results?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jemnibabe said:

But why would you buy a test for $65. when most people have a stock of free tests at home and can just take a picture of the results?

If it has to be medically observed, that is the one I'd do. I've used them, and there's no sweating bullets over having them timely. If you don't need medically observed, then by all means use a home test. But don't come at me please. DPH was talking medically observed and I was adding a reasonable time sensitive option.

5 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Thank you😀  My same thoughts. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I’m sorry it’s clear to me. We all have different opinions. I do agreed it could be better worded. 

That first sentence under Testing Requirements is the problem.  This is

on the CruiseHealth Tool for Enchanced Voyages. Very general.

Yes, we took an Enhanced Voyage in Nov/Dec and it clearly said medically assisted testing was required.

So, we did Emed proctored. Easy.

But, then Dec 2nd and Dec 19th the language was changed on the tool and the website.  Not clear anymore.

We’ve had 2 different answers from PCL management. They also differ.  Crazy.

Of course, if not clarified, we’ll buy emed again for proctored.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

How do you interpret the very first sentence?  It does not give an option

That first sentence under our cruiseHealth tool is the problem.  According to some Princess management, we are supposed to go by the Tool or cruise personalizer. My travel summary only gives general information. Nothing specifically about testing.

The CruiseHealth tool you can see is very general and not Updated since Dec 2nd.

Guess we will just keep watching it.  Same verbage on the South Pacific cruise Crown in March also.

• Like 1

I'm sailing out of Chile in March.  On our Roll Call, it has been stated that self administered is fine.  The woman who said that she called Princess twice and got the same answer.  Since I have an emed left over from the fall when they changed the guidelines, I'm going to do that  just to be safe.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, suekel said:

I'm sailing out of Chile in March.  On our Roll Call, it has been stated that self administered is fine.  The woman who said that she called Princess twice and got the same answer.  Since I have an emed left over from the fall when they changed the guidelines, I'm going to do that  just to be safe.  

So, what does your cruiseHealth tool say?  Same as was stated on here?

I wouldn’t go by the roll call or a PCL agent, because of all the conflicting information.  I’m with you, if I don’t see it in writing from Princess, I’m ordering emed. 😳

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 4:30 PM, DHP1 said:

Yes it does “or”

The "or" in the second sentence does not erase the first sentence. If you take a medically observed test, you know you will be ok. If you hope the first sentence is wrong, you may not be ok.

• Thanks 2

Sailing out of Melbourne next month. My Australia friends have already cruised. Took a rat test took a picture of it with driver licenses and watch. No problem!  2 days later on cruise another rat test was delivered to there room for them to take if negative put in garbage if positive call doctor office. So you can do your own in Australia which reads the same as states🤔